- Volume 13 Issue 2
A Development of Distance Measurement Scheme for Localization System in Wireless Personal Area Network
- Lee, Dong-Myung
- Received : 2009.12.04
- Accepted : 2010.05.10
- Published : 2010.05.31
As the development of the computer and communication technologies, the ubiquitous society can be realized to the world early in the future. Thus, the localization system in Wireless Personal Area Network (WPAN) is required for many users of ubiquitous society to provide the ubiquitous computing based applications in respective of anytime and anywhere. In this paper, we propose the distance measurement scheme that is based on the distance measurement using RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) of sensor module considering of two distance conditions for the localization system using Zigbee in WPAN. Also, the localization errors of the proposed scheme are analyzed in the three scenarios that the mobile module tracks in the in
- Hari Balakrishnan and etc., "Lessons from Developing and Deploying the Cricket Indoor Location System", http://nms.lcs.mit.edu/cricket/
- Adam Smith, Hari Balakrishnan, Michel Goraczko and Nissanka Priyantha, "Tracking moving devices with the cricket location system," http://nms.csail.mit.edu/cricket/
- A. Ward, A. Jones, and A. Hopper (1997), "A New Location Technique for the Active Office," IEEE Personal Communications, Vol.4, No.5, pp.42-47, October 1997.
- N.Priyantha, A. Chakraborty (2000), H. Balakrishnan, "The Cricket Location-Support System," Proc. 6th int'l Conf. on Mobile Computing and Networking(Mobicom 2000), pp.32-43, 2000.
- A. Savvides, C. C. Han, and M. B. Srivastava (2001), "Dynamic fine-grained localization in ad-hoc Networks of sensors," Proc. MobiCom 2002, Rome, Italy, July 2001.
- Gresham, I. et al. (2004), "Ultra-Wideband Radar Sensors for Short-Range Vehicular Applications," Invited Paper, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol.52, No.9, pp.2105-2122, September 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2004.834185
- Changyong Choi and Dong Myung Lee (2009), "Implementation of Localization Recognition System in Wireless Sensor Network based on Received Signal Strength," Proceedings of 2009 Summer Conference on Korea Information and Communications Society, KICS, Vol. 39, pp.484, June 2009.
- Dong Myung Lee, Changyong Choi and Seong Ki Kwon (2009), "Development of Zigbee based Localization System in Ubiquitous Sensor Network," Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Multimedia, Information Technology and its Applications (MITA 2009), KMMS, pp.57-60, August 2009.
- Changyong Choi and Dong Myung Lee (2009), "A Study on Distance Measurement Scheme for Localization System in Wireless Personal Area Network," Proceedings of Asian Conference on Engineering Education 2009 (ACEE 2009), Korea Maritime University, pp.209-210, 29 October 2009.
- IEEE Standards (2003), "IEEE802.15.4：Wireless Medium Access Control(MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks(LRWPANs)," October 2003.