- Volume 13 Issue 2
This paper deals with the introduction of capstone design project by team activities in Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Korea Maritime University. This course is referred to as Creative Engineering Design for spring semester of 4th-year undergraduates. The course focuses on creative thinking and cooperative mind to students by learning engineering design skills, realizing their idea through design project and recognizing practicality of their systems. The intent of the course is to provide a true "capstone" experience, where students can combine their skills to achieve the successful completion of a project. This paper describes class process and evaluation method, and cooperative works with mentees and industrial mentors connected through Hanium network for IT mentoring activities.
- J. S. Lee, B. K. Min, W. S. Yoon, J. W. Hahn and H.I. Jung. (2008). "A basic course of creative mechanical engineering design emphasizing experience based learning", Journal of Engineering Education Research, vol.11, no.2, pp.32-41. https://doi.org/10.18108/jeer.2008.11.2.32
- Y. H. Choi. (2008). "Education of team work for engineering culture", Journal of Engineering Education, vol.15, no.3, pp.63-66.
- J. H. Jung. (2008). "Capstone Design", Journal of Engineering Education, vol.15, no.4, pp.49-52.
- G. Thomas, E. R. Thomas (2009), "Incorporating industrystyle design into course projects in undergraduate engineering technology courses", the Technology Interface Journal, vol.9, no.2. Hanium : http://www.hanium.or.kr
- M. A. Sadowski. (2002). "Evaluation of teams within the academic setting", Engineering Design Graphics Journal, vol.66, no.2, pp.39-44.
- W. G. Jang. (2008). "Co-work program for engineering education through competition", Journal of Engineering Education Research, vol.11, no.2, pp.65-78. https://doi.org/10.18108/jeer.2008.11.2.65