- Volume 13 Issue 2
Developing Teaching Materials for Practical Work by Student Dismantling and Assembly using an All Terrain Vehicle
- Tsukamoto, Kimihide (Kagoshima National College of Technology) ;
- Ueno, Takayuki (Kagoshima National College of Technology) ;
- Yamamoto, Keiichiro (Toyama National College of Technology) ;
- Ohbuchi, Yoshifumi (Kumamoto University) ;
- Sakamoto, Hidetoshi (Kumamoto University)
- Received : 2009.12.04
- Accepted : 2010.05.10
- Published : 2010.05.31
It is necessary for lower grade students to study the correct usage of tools as a base of the technical education for dismantling and assembling various machines. However, enough understanding has not been obtained though the usage of these tools when training first grade students. So, we started to develop a teaching text and materials within the students' practice curriculum based on the dismantling and assembly of all-terrain vehicle [ATV]'s, which is a very motivating for lower grade students. This practice makes the student learn both how to use the tools and the steering mechanism of cars through the dismantling and assembling of the ATV. It is possible to not only have the student learn about the knowledge obtained through the practice, but also they also acquire wider and deeper knowledge through making the text and teaching materials for the practice. The textbook and secondary educational materials of this practice curriculum were created in cooperation with a fifth grade student as part of their graduation research. As a result, an effective teaching and learning text and secondary educational material regarding manufacturing practice could be developed from the student's point of view. Making a teaching text and materials is effective for promoting the study and experience of engineering.
Practical Work;Dismantling and Assembly;Vehicle
- Keiichiro YAMAMOTO etc. (2007). A review of themes to enhance students' motivation in hands-on technical training courses, Journal of Education in the Colleges of Technology, pp.361-364
- Kimihide TSUKAMOTO etc. (2007). A Study of Creative Engineering Education by Making Musical Instruments, Japanese Society for engineering education Annual Conference(in Japanese)(2007) pp.584-585
- Kimihide TSUKAMOTO etc(2007). A Study of Creative Engineering Education by Making Musical Instruments (2nd Report) A Study of Product Evaluation, 2008 Japanese Society for engineering education Annual Conference(in Japanese) pp.530-531.