- Volume 18 Issue 2
The flight deck crew must manage complexity during daily flight operations. The Airline may obtain data regarding threats and errors through LOSA(Line Operations Safety Audits) on normal flights as predictive safety tool in Safety Management System of the Airline to actively improve the systems such as SOP(Standard Operation Procedure), training, evaluation and the TEM(Threat and Error Management) for the flight deck crew. The flight deck crew make errors when they fail managing threats. The crew mismanage around ten percent of threats and commit errors. The major mismanaged threats are aircraft malfunction, ATC(Air Traffic Communication), and wether threats. The effective countermeasures of TEM for manageing threats are leadership, workload management, monitor & cross check, Vigilance, communication environment and cooperation of the crew. It is important that organizations must monitor for the hazards of threats and improve system for the safer TEM environments.
- Maurino, D., Threat and Error Management, p.2, Canadian Aviation Safety Seminar, Vancouver, BC, 2005.
- Ashleigh Merritt, Ph.D. & James Klinect, Ph.D, "Defensive Flying for Pilots: An Introduction to Threat and Error Management" The University of Texas Human Factors Research Project1, TLC, Dec. 2006.
- Klinect, J.R., Murray, P., Merritt, A., & Helmreich, R. "Line Operations Safety Audit : Definition and operating characteristics." In Proceedings of the Twelfth International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, The Ohio State University 2003.
- Helmreich, R., Resource Management in Aviation: Coping with Culture and Error, University of Texas Research Project, SAS Training Symposium, Copenhagen23 May, 2000.
- Helmreich R. L., Klinect, J.R., &Wilhelm, J.A.(2001) System Safety and Threat And Error Management:LOSA. 11th International Symposium on Aviation Psychology, Columbus, Ohio
- FAA AC 120-90, Line Operations Safety Audits, 2006.
- 최진국, 김칠영, "운항승무원 오류 특성에 관한 연구" 한국 항공운항학회, 제17권, 제2호, 2009.
- ICAO DOC 9803, Line Operations Safety Audits, 2002.