- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Anti-oxidant and Anti-microbial Activities of Seungmakalgeuntang
복합처방인 승마갈근탕(升摩葛根湯)의 항산화 및 항균효과
- Lee, Jin-Young (Department of Herbal Cosmetic Science, Hoseo University) ;
- Bae, Ho-Jung (Department of Cosmeceutical Science, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Park, Tae-Soon (R&D Hanbang Cosmetic Team, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute for Oriental Medicine Industry) ;
- Kim, Tae-Wan (Department of Food Science & Biotechnology, Andong National University) ;
- Moon, Doo-Hwan (PioKorea Co., LTD.) ;
- Kwon, O-Jun (Gyeongbuk Regional Innovation Agency) ;
- Son, Jun-Ho (R&D Hanbang Cosmetic Team, Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute for Oriental Medicine Industry) ;
- Lee, Chang-Eon (Department of Cosmeceutical Science, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Park, Gun-Hye (Department of Cosmeceutical Science, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Kim, Han-Hyuk (Department of Cosmeceutical Science, Daegu Haany University) ;
- An, Bong-Jeun (Department of Cosmeceutical Science, Daegu Haany University)
- 이진영 (호서대학교 한방화장품과학과) ;
- 배호정 (대구한의대학교 화장품약리학과) ;
- 박태순 (대구경북한방산업진흥원 한방화장품팀) ;
- 김태완 (안동대학교 식품생명공학과) ;
- 문두환 (피오코리아) ;
- 권오준 (경북전략산업기획단) ;
- 손준호 (대구경북한방산업진흥원 한방화장품팀) ;
- 이창언 (대구한의대학교 화장품약리학과) ;
- 박근혜 (대구한의대학교 화장품약리학과) ;
- 김한혁 (대구한의대학교 화장품약리학과) ;
- 안봉전 (대구한의대학교 화장품약리학과)
- Received : 2009.05.13
- Accepted : 2009.12.17
- Published : 2010.03.31
Biological activities such as anti-oxidative and anti-microbial of the Seungmakalgeuntang, a traditional prescription, were evaluated. The electron donating ability of water, ethanol, supercritical fluid and 1,3-butylene glycol extract of Seungmakalgeuntang showed more than 50% at a 100 ppm concentration. At a 1000 ppm concentration, the superoxide dismutase-like activities of ethanol and supercritical fluid extract of Seungmakalgeuntang showed less than 50%. xanthine oxidase inhibition effect of the supercritical fluid extract showed more than 70% at a 1,000 ppm concentration, which was higher than vitamin C. From the measurement on lipid oxidation, the
- An BJ, Lee CE, Son JH, Lee JY, Park TS, Park JM, Bae HJ, and Pyeon JR (2005a) Anti-oxidant, anti-cancer and anti-bacterial activities of Naeso-hwangryntang and its ingredients. Kor J Herbology 20, 17-26.
- An BJ, Lee JT, Son JH, Lee IC, Lee JY, Park TS, Song MA, Cheon SJ, and Jee SY (2005b) Cytotoxicity, antibacterial and antioxidant activities of the prescription Cheongyeolsodokum and its constituent herbs. Kor J Herbology 20, 41-51.
- An BJ, Lee JT, Lee CE, Kim JH, Son JH, Kwak JH, Lee JY, Park TS, Bae HJ, Jang MJ, and Jo CH (2005c) A study on physiological activities of Coptidis Rhizoma and application for cosmetic ingredients. Kor J Herbology 20, 83-92.
- Blois MS (1958) Anti-oxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 26, 1199-1120.
- Buege JA, and Aust SD (1978) Microsomal lipid peroxidation. Methods Enzymol 52, 302-310. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(78)52032-6
- Cho JS, and Kim KH (1984) The proceedings of 14th annual convention (1983); Studies on the anti-microbial and antiinflammatory effects of the Sungmagalgun-Tang administered concurrently with tetracycline-HCl. Kor J Pharmacogn 15, 48-49.
- Chun HJ, Hwang SG, Lee JS, Baek SH, Jeon BH, and Woo WH (2002) Inhibitory effects of butyl alcohol extract from Caesalpinia sappan L. on melanogenesis in melan-a cells. Kor J Pharmacogn 33, 130-136.
- Conner DE, and Beuchat LR (1984) Sensitivity of heat-stressed yeasts to essential oils of plant. Appl Environ Microbiol 47, 229-233.
- Do JR, Kim KJ, Jo JH, Kim YM, Kim BS, Kim HK, Lim SD, and Lee SW (2005) Anti-microbial, anti-hyprttensive and anticancer activities of medicinal herbs. Kor J Food Sci Technol 37, 206-213.
- Frauen M, Steinhart H, Rapp C, and Hintze U (2001) Rapid quantification of iodopropynyl butylcarbamate as the preservative in cosmetic formulations using high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry. Jap Pharm Biom Anal 25, 965-970. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0731-7085(01)00356-9
- Hein KE, Tagliaferro AR, and Bobilya DJ (2002) Flavonoid antioxidants; chemistry, metabolism and structure activity relationships. J Nutr Biochem 13, 572-584. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0955-2863(02)00208-5
- Hwang EJ, Lee SY, Kwon SJ, Park MH, and Boo HO (2006) Antioxidative, antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of Fagopyrum esculentum Moench extract in Germinated Seeds. Kor J Medicinal Crop Sci 14, 1-7.
- Jeong JC, Park SD, and Kim HA (1994) An experimental study on the effect of anti-histamine of the Sungmagalkuntang and Sungmagalkuntang plus- samultang. The Joumal of Dong Guk Oriental Medicine 3, 207-222.
- Kaiserova H, Simunek T, Van Der Vijgh WJ, Bast A, and Kvasnickova E (2007) Flavonoids as protectors against doxorubicin cardiotoxicity: role of iron chelation, antioxidant activity and inhibition of carbonyl reductase. Biochem Biophys Acta 1772, 1065-1074. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbadis.2007.05.002
- Kim EJ, Ahn SY, Nam GW, Lee HK, Moon SJ, Kim YM, Oh MS, Kim NS, Chang IS, and Park SK (2006) The anti-aging effects of the cosmetic products containing the needles of red pine on human skin. Kor J Herbology 12, 25-31.
- Kim JH (2004) A study on physiological activities of Coptidis Rhizoma and application for cosmetic ingredients. Daegu Haany University.
- Kim JY, Lee JA, Yeon JY, Oh DJ, Yong HJ, Lee WJ, and Park SY (2006) Anti-oxidative and anti-microbial activities of Euphorbia jolkini Extracts. Kor J Food Sci Technol 38, 699-706.
- Kim KM (2005) Attributes of purchasing herbal cosmetics according to women's interest rates of appearances. Kor J Soc Cosm 11, 265-271.
- Kim MC, Kim MJ, Kim T, Park GT, Son HJ, Kim GY, Choi WB, Oh DC, and Heo MS (2006) Comparison of antibacterial and antioxidant activities of mushroom mycelium culture extracts cultivated in the citrus extracts. Kor J Biotechnol Bioeng 21, 72-78.
- Kim MJ, Kim IJ, Nam SY, Lee CH, Yun T, and Song BH (2006) Effects of drying methods on content of active components, anti-oxidant activity and color values of Saururus chinensis Bail. Kor J Medicinal Vrop Sci 14, 8-13.
- Kim SW, Lee SO, and Lee TH (1991) Purification and characterization of superoxide dismutase from Aerobacter aerogenes. Kor J Agric Biol Chem 55, 101-108. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.55.101
- Kwak YJ, Lee DH, Kim NM, and Lee JS (2005) Screening and extraction condition of anti-skin aging elastase inhibitor from medicinal plants. Kor J Medicinal Crop Sci 13, 213-216.
- Lee JH, Lee KH, Yoo HI, Zuou XL, Kim YS, Choi HG, and Nam KW (2006) Antimicrobial activity of Neorhodomela aculeata extracts against human skin pathogens. Kor J Fish Soc 39, 292-296.
- Lee SY, Hwang EJ, Kim GH, Choi YB, Lim CY, and Kim SM (2005) Anti-fungal and anti-oxidant activities of extracts from leaves and flower of Camellia japonica L. Kor J Medicinal Crop Sci 13, 93-100.
- Lee YS, Joo EY, and Kim NW (2005) Anti-oxidant activity of extracts form the lespedeza bicolor. Kor J Food Sci Technol 12, 75-79.
- Marklund S, and Marklund G (1974) Involvement of the superoxide anion radical in the autoxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismutase. Eur J Biochem 47, 469-474. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-1033.1974.tb03714.x
- Nakamura S, Kato A, and Kobayashi K (1991) New anti-microbial characteristics of lysozyme-dextran conjugate. J Agric Food Chem 39, 647-650. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00004a003
- Nielsen MS, Frisvad JC, and Nielsen PV (1998) Protection by fungal starters against growth and secondary metabolite production of fungal spoilers of cheese. Int J Food Microbiol 42, 91-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-1605(98)00070-1
- Stirpe F, and Della Corte E (1969) The regulation of rat liver xanthine oxidase. Conversion in vitro of the enzyme activity from dehydrogenase (type D) to oxidase (type O). J Biol Chem 244, 3855-3863.
- Voegeli R (1996) Elastase and tryptase determination on human skin surface. Cosmetic & Ttoiletries 111, 51-58.
- Woo JY, Paek NS, and Kim YM (2005) Studies on antioxidative effect and lactic acid bacteria growth of Persimmon leaf extracts. Kor J Food & Nutr Sci 18, 28-38.
- Yang JH, Kim DK, Yun MY, and Ahn JK (2006) Anti-oxidative activity and therapeutic effect of the hydrogel preparations of Scutellariae Radix and Zingiberis Rhizoma on dermatitis. Kor J Pharm Sci Technol 36, 253-262.
- Yu MH, Im HG, Lee HJ, Ji YJ, and Lee IS (2006) Components and their anti-oxidative activities of methanol extracts from sarcocarp and seed of Zizyphus jujuba var. inermis Rehder. Kor J Food Sci Technol 38, 128-134.
- Anti-inflammatory effect of Seungmagalgeun-tang extract in human mast cells vol.28, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.6116/kjh.2013.28.5.7