- Volume 36 Issue 2
This study deals with the viability of using a designed geometrical model consists of plane, polar coordinates (PC) and span length in the determination of bridges deformation. The data of a Tianjin Yonghe bridge located in the southern part of China as collected by RTK-DGPS technique and Accelerometer were used in the analysis. Kalman filter and fast Fourier transformation (FFT) analyses were used to determine the frequency. The results indicate that the designed plane and PC geometrical model are easy to calculate the long-time structural deformation monitoring. In addition, the observed frequency using GPS with the rate of 20 Hz doesn't give correction natural frequency of the observation structures.
- Armenakis, C. (1987), "Displacement monitoring by integrating on-line photogrammetric observations with dynamic", PhD Thesis, Department of Surveying Engineering, University of New Brunswick, Canada.
- Ashkenazi, V. and Roberts, G. (1997), "Experimental monitoring of the Humber Bridge using GPS", Proc. ICE, Civil Eng., 120(4), 177-182. https://doi.org/10.1680/icien.1997.29810
- Chris, R., Li, X., Linlin, G., Yukio, T. and Akihito, Y. (2008), "How far could GPS go in monitoring structural response to wind events?", Proceedings of the 13th FIG Symposium on Deformation Measurement and Analysis, 14th Symposium on Geodesy for Geotechnical and Structural Engineering, Lisbon, May.
- El-Rabbany, A. (2002), Intoduction to GPS the Global Positioning System, Artech House, Boston. London.
- Grewal, M. and Andrews, A. (2001), Kalman Filtering Theory and Practice using Matlab, California State University, Fullerton, Publishing John Wily & Sons, Inc., USA.
- Haykin, S. (2001), Kalman Filtering and Neural Networks Communication Research Laboratory, McMaster University, Publishing John Wily & Sons, Inc., Canada.
- Hearn, D. and Baker, M. (1994), Computer Graphics (2nd Edition), Prentice-Hall International Ltd., London.
- Kaloop, M.R. and Li, H. (2009), "Tower bridge movement analysis with GPS and accelerometer techniques: Case study yonghe tower bridge", Inform. Technol. J., 8, 1213-1220, DOI: 10.3923/itj.2009.1213.1220. https://doi.org/10.3923/itj.2009.1213.1220
- Li, X., Peng, G., Rizos, C., Ge, L., Tamura, Y. and Yoshida, A. (2004), "Integration of GPS, accelerometer and optical fibre sensors for structural deformation monitoring", Proceedings of the 17th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation ION GNSS, Long Beach, California.
- Moon, T. and Stirling, W. (2000), Mathematical Methods and Algorithms for Signal Processing, Utah State University, Publishing Prentic-Hall, Inc., USA.
- Mohinder, S. and Lawrence, R. (2007), Global Positioning System, Inertial Navigation, and Integration (2nd Edition), John Wily & Sonic, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Ramin, S. and Helmi, Z.M. (2009), "Mass structure deformation monitoring using low cost differential global positioning system device", Am. J. Appl. Sci., 6(1), 152-156. https://doi.org/10.3844/ajassp.2009.152.156
- Raziq, N. and Collier, P. (2006), "High precision GPS deformation monitoring using single receiver carrier phase data", Geodetic Deformation Monitoring: from Geophysical to Engineering Roles, Int. Assoc. Geod. Symp., 131(Session B), 95-102.
- Roberts, G., Meng, X. and Dodson, A. (2004), "Integrating a global positioning system and accelerometers to monitor the deflection of bridges", J. Surv. Eng-ASCE, 130(2), 65-72. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9453(2004)130:2(65)
- Reborts, G., Cosser, E., Meng, X. and Dodson, A. (2004), "High frequency deflection monitoring of bridges by GPS", J. Global Position. Syst., 3(1), 226-231. https://doi.org/10.5081/jgps.3.1.226
- Schroedel, J. (2002), "Engineering and design structure deformation surveying", CECWEE Manual No. 1110-2-1009, Department of the Army, US Army Crops of Engineering,Washington.
- Wang, J. (2008), "Test statistics in kalman filtering", J. Global Position. Syst., 7(1), 81-90. https://doi.org/10.5081/jgps.7.1.81
- Wong, K. (2004), "Instrumentation and health monitoring of cable-supported bridges", Struct. Control Hlth., 11, 91-124. https://doi.org/10.1002/stc.33
- Xiaojun, Z. (2008), "Research on the pylon deformation monitoring based on GPS", Dissertation for BSC, School of civil engineering, HIT, Harbin, China. (Chinese).
- Yong, G. (2005), "Structural health monitoring strategies for smart sensor networks", PhD Thesis in Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Yu, M., Guo, H. and Zou, C. (2006), "Application of wavelet analysis to GPS deformation monitoring", Proceedings of the IEEE/ION PLANS, (IP'06), San Diego, California.
- An ultrasonic omni-directional sensor device for coverage structural deformation monitoring vol.25, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2010.36.2.129