- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of Power Management Strategies for a Compound Hybrid Excavator
복합형 하이브리드 굴삭기를 위한 동력전달계 제어기법 연구
- Kim, Hak-Gu (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Choi, Jae-Woong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Seung-Jin (Doosan Infracore Co.) ;
- Yi, Kyoung-Su (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.12.13
- Accepted : 2011.10.24
- Published : 2011.12.01
This paper presents the power management strategies for a compound hybrid excavator. The compound hybrid excavator has been replaced the hydraulic swing motor to the electric swing motor. This excavator requires a proper control algorithm to regulate the energy flow between the mechanical coupling and the electric devices. The controller should improve fuel economy and maintain the super capacitor voltage within a proper range. A thermostat controller and ECMS controller are designed such that these objectives can be achieved. The thermostat controller regulates the power of the engine-assist motor on the basis of the super capacitor voltage, and the ECMS controller determines it using the real-time fuel minimization strategy based on the concept of equivalent fuel. Simulation results showed that by using the hybrid excavator, the fuel economy becomes about 20% higher than that obtained using the conventional excavator and that the ECMS controller outperforms the thermostat controller.
Compound Hybrid Excavator;Power Management Strategy;ECMS Strategy
Grant : 하이브리드 굴삭기 핵심기술 개발
Supported by : 한국학술진흥재단, 한국연구재단
- Kwon, T.-S., 2008, "Power Control Algorithm for Hybrid Excavator with Super Capacitor," IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics.
- Xiao, Q., 2007, "Control Strategies of Power System in Hybrid Hydraulic Excavator," Automation in Construction.
- Yanting, Z., 2006, "Constant Work-Point Control for Parallel Hybrid System with Capacitor Accumulator in Hydraulic Excavator," Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 505-508. https://doi.org/10.3901/CJME.2006.04.505
- Lin, X., 2008, "Dynamic Simulation and Optimal Control Strategy for a Parallel Hybrid Hydraulic Excavator," Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A, pp. 624-632.
- Yoo, S., 2009, "Design and Control of Hybrid Electric Power System for a Hydraulic Actuated Excavator," SAE International.
- Lin, C.-C., 2003, "Power Management Strategy for a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol.11, No. 6, pp. 839-849. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2003.815606
- Investigation of Cooling Performance of Injection Molds Using Pulsed Mold Temperature Control vol.37, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2013.37.1.035
- Torque Assist Strategy for Hybrid Agricultural Tractor with Consideration of Field Operations vol.38, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.6.593
- A Study of the Life Test of Hydraulic Pump Driving Gear Box for the Large Excavator vol.39, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2015.39.3.211