- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Structural Analysis for Design of Anchor Straps for a Large-Scale LNG Storage Tank with Corner Protection and Inner Tank
코너프로텍션과 내조를 고려한 대용량 LNG 저장탱크 앵커스트랩의 구조설계를 위한 유한요소해석
- Jin, Chengzhu (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Ha, Sung-Kyu (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Kim, Seong-Jong (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Lee, Young-Hwan (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2011.04.18
- Accepted : 2011.10.18
- Published : 2011.12.01
Structural analysis is performed to design anchor straps for a large-scale-liquefied-natural-gas (LNG) storage tank with corner protection and an inner tank by considering structural integrity. Anchor straps made of 9% nickel steel are attached to the inner tank, corner protection, and concrete raft to prevent the failure of the inner tank during both normal and emergency operating conditions. Two finite element (FE) models were analyzed in this study. One is a stand-alone model of the anchor strap, while the other is an extended model of the substructure of the anchor strap, inner tank, and corner protection. Three-dimensional shell elements are used to effectively assess the bending and axial behavior of structures. The Tresca stress values in each part of the two models are calculated for operation under five different load-condition cases: normal operation, leakage of the LNG, hydro test, and two earthquake conditions.
LNG Storage Tank;Anchor Strap;Finite Element Analysis;Tresca Stress
Supported by : LNG 플랜트사업단
- Yoon, I. S., Lee, Y. Y. and Hong, S. H., 1994, "Finite Element Analysis of Membrane for LNG Storage Tank," The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.18, No.10, pp. 2797-2804, 1225-5963.
- Kim, H., Hong, S. and Seo, H., 2002, "Integrity Comparison for Various Design Specifications of Corner Protections in LNG Storage Tank," J. of the KIGAS, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 33-39.
- Material Properties: Nickel Steel (Fe-9.0 Ni) (UNS S21800), Official website of the Cryogenics Technologies Group, NIST (cryogenics.nist.gov).
- "Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage," Appendix P, paragragh P.2.5.1, API (American Petroleum Institute).
- "Specification for Unfired Fusion Welded Pressure Vessels (PD 5500:2009+A1:2009)," A 188.8.131.52-A 184.108.40.206, British Standard.
- A Study of Thermo-Mechanical Analysis for the Design of High Pressure Piping System for Natural Gas Fuel Vessel vol.39, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2015.39.4.425