- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Creep Behavior of Plastics Used in Automobile Instrument Panels
자동차 인스트루먼트 패널에 사용되는 플라스틱의 크리프 거동
- Kim, Young-Sam (R&D Center, Dukyang Ind. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jeon, Chi-Hoon (School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Tumur-Ochir, Erdenebat (School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Yum, Young-Jin (School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2011.06.21
- Accepted : 2011.09.29
- Published : 2011.12.01
Tensile and creep tests were performed at various temperatures to investigate the mechanical properties of plastics used in automotive instrument panels. Mechanical properties such as Young's modulus and Poisson's ratios changed markedly with the test temperature. Three-point bending creep tests were performed for three kinds of plastics under four loading conditions. Coefficients in the time-hardening power law creep equation were obtained from the experiment, and the creep behavior was represented by a simple expression. The results of finite element creep analysis showed good agreement with the experimental results, while the difference between the numerical and experimental results increased with the load.
Time-Hardening;Thermal Deformation;3-Point Bending Creep Test
- Yeo, T. J., Kim, S. S., Park, S. J. and Kim, C. S., 2003, "A Study on Creep Analysis of Automobile Instrumental Panel," SAE international, 2003-01-1173.
- Kim, H., Cho, H., Son, Y., Suh, M., Ryu, S., Kim, H. and Kim, H., 2009, "A Study on the Optimal Design of Automobile Interior Plastic Parts (A-Pillar Trim) Considering Heat-Resistant and Mechanical Characteristics," SAE international, 2009-01-1232.
- Dropik, M. J., Johnson, D. H. P.E., Roth, D. E. P.E., "Developing an ANSYS Creep Model for Polypropylene from Experimental Data."
- Mehdi, T. and Nazanin, M., 2010, "Mechanical Performance of Hemp Fiber Polypropylene Composites at Different Operating Temperatures." https://doi.org/10.1177/0731684408100266
- Smith, A. I. and Nicolson, A. M., 1971, "Advances in Creep Design."
- ABAQUS user's manual 6.9, HKS, Inc.
- Kim, J. Y., Lee, S. B. and Huh, Y. H., 1999, "Determination of Material Constants of Creep Constitutive," KSME, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 783-787.