- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of Exoskeleton-Type Data Glove for Position/Force Feedback
위치/힘 피드백이 가능한 외골격 구조의 데이터 글로브 개발
- Kim, Min-Jeong (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Kim, Dae-Gyeong (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Park, Han-Gil (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Kim, Ui-Kyum (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Choi, Byung-June (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.) ;
- Choi, Hyouk-Ryeol (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.)
- 김민정 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 김대경 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 박한길 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 김의겸 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 최병준 (성균관대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 최혁렬 (성균관대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2011.05.26
- Accepted : 2011.11.10
- Published : 2011.12.01
In this paper, we present a new exoskeleton-type data glove that can sense the movement of the human finger and reflect the force to the finger. The data glove is designed on the basis of the skeletal structure of the human hand, and the finger module has 1 degree-of-freedom because it includes three four-bar mechanism joints in series and a wire-coupling mechanism. In addition, the transmission ratio of the finger module is maintained at 1:1.4:1 over the entire movement range, and hence, the module can perform both extension and flexion. In addition, to enable adduction/abduction motion of the human hand, a unique MCP joint is designed by using two universal joints. To validate the feasibility of the data glove, master-slave control experiments based on force-position control between the data glove and the robot hand are conducted.
Exoskeleton;Data Glove;Position/Force Feedback;4bar linkage;Tendon
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원, 한국과학기술원, 정보통신산업진흥원
- Cyber glove system : http://www.vrlogic.com/html/immersion/cyberglove_systems.html.
- Tachi, S., Maeda, T., Hirata, R. and Hoshino, H., 1994, "A Construction Method of Virtual Haptic Space," Proc. of the 4th Int. Conf. on Artificial Reality and Telexistence, pp. 131-138.
- Sung, G. T. and Gill, I. S., 2001, "Robotic Laparoscopic Surgery: A Comparison of the DA Vinci and Zeus Systems," Urology, Vol. 58, pp. 893-894. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0090-4295(01)01423-6
- Wege, A. and Kondak, K., 2005, "Mechanical Design and Motion Control of a Hand Exoskeleton for Rehabilitation," Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 155-159.
- Bouzit, M., Burdea, G., Popescu, G. and Boian, R., 2002, "The Rutgers Master II - New Design Force-Feedback Glove," IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 256-263. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2002.1011262
- Nakagawara, S., Kajimoto, H., Kawakami, N., and Tachi, S., 2005, "An Encounter-Type Multi-Fingered Master Hand Using Circuitous Joints," Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1260-1265.
- Chiri, A., Giovacchini, F., Vitiello, N., Cattin, E., Roccella, S. and Vecchi, F., 2009, "HANDEXOS: Towards an Exoskeleton Device for the Rehabilitation of the Hand," IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1106-1111.
- Ninomiya, T. and Maeno, T., 2008, "Analysis and Systematic Classification of Human Hand Movement for Robot Hand Design," J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 430-431.
- Fang, H., Xie, Z., Liu, H., Lan, T. and Xia, J., 2009, "An Exoskeleton Force Feedback Master Finger Distinguishing Contact and Non-contact Mode," IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 1059-1064.
- Lelieveld, M. J. and Maeno, T., 2006, "Design and Development of a 4 DOF Potable Haptic Interface with Multi-point Passive Force Feedback for the Index Finger," Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3134-3139.
- Calais-Germain, B., 1993, Anatomy of movement: Eastland Press.
- Hand Anatomy : http://skillbuilders.patientsites.com/Injuries-Conditions/Hand/Hand-Anatomy/a-280/article.html
- Bernardin, K., Ogawara, K., Ikeuchi, K. and Dillmann, R., 2003, "A Hidden Markov Model Based Sensor Fusion Approach for Recognizing Continuous Human Grasping Sequences," Proc. of the 3rd IEEE Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 1-6.
- Bernardin, K., Ogawara, K. and Ikeuchi, K., 2005, "A Sensor Fusion Approach for Recognizing Continuous Human Grasping Sequences Using Hidden Markov Models," IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol. 21, pp. 47-57. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2004.833816