- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Experimental Test of a Small Scale Hingeless Rotor
축소형 무힌지 로터 시험에 관한 연구
- Kim, Joune-Ho (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Song, Keun-Woong (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Joo, Gene (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Suk, Jin-Young (School of Aerospace Engineering, ChungNam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2011.05.25
- Accepted : 2011.10.05
- Published : 2011.12.01
It is possible to study the load characteristics of full-scale hingeless rotor with the changing of physical smallscaled configurations such as rectangular and paddle blades, and metal and composite hubs. In this study, a static test, and a ground and wind-tunnel test were carried out using small-scale rotor models. The static test was carried out to confirm structural stiffness, characteristics of inertia, natural frequency, and damping ratio of rotors, and the ground and wind-tunnel test was carried out to confirm the stability and aerodynamic characteristics under hovering and forward flight conditions. According to the test results, the vertical load in the case of a combination of a small composite hub with paddle blades was higher than that in the case of a metal hub with paddle blades at same condition. Further, it was confirmed that the restraint of the combination of composite hub can be more flexible than the metal hub for the motion of paddle blades.
- Benton H. Lau, Alexander W. Louie, Nicholas Griffiths and Costantinos P. Sotirou, 1993, "Performance and Rotor Loads Measurements of the Lynx XZ170 Helicopter with Rectangular Blades," NASA Technical Memorandum 104000, pp. 5-14.
- Crouse G.L., Jr. J. G. Leishman, 1992, "Interactional Aerodynamic Effects on Rotor Performance in Hover and Forward Flight," 48th Annual Forum of the American Helicopter Society.
- Friedmann P.P., 2004, "Aeroelastic scaling for rotarywing aircraft with applications," Journal of Fluids and Structures 19, pp. 635-650. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2004.03.003
- Gene Joo, et al., 2000, "The Development of Smallscale Helicopter Rotor Test Stand," 7th Symposium of Aircraft Developmental Technology.
- Gene Joo, et al., 2003, "The Pre-Study on the Core Technology of Hingeless Hub system for Helicopter," Report. KARI.
- Hunt G. K., 1973, "Similarity Requirements for Aeroelastic Models of Helicopter Rotors," Royal Aircraft Establishment, C.P. No. 1245, pp. 2-7.
- Jouannet Christopher, Ludstrom D., Amadori K. and Berry P., 2008, "Design of a Very Light Jet and a Dynamically Scaled Demonstrator," 46th AIAA Aerospace Science Meeting and Exhibit, AIAA-2008- 137, Reno, Nevada.
- Mettler Bernard, 2003, Identification Modeling and Characteristics of Miniature Rotorcraft, Kluwer Academic Publishers, London, pp. 129-161.
- Philippe J.J., 1990, "Considerations on Wind-Tunnel testing techniques for rotorcraft, In aerodynamics of Rotorcraft," AGARD-R-781, ONERA.
- Wolowicz Chester H., James S. Bowman, Jr., and William P. Gilbert, 1979, "Similarity Requirements and Scaling Relationships as Applied to Model Testing," NASA Technical Paper 1435, c.1, pp. 8-32.