- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Determination of Molding Conditions of Double-Shot Injection Mold for the Computer Mouse via Three-Dimensional Injection Molding Analysis
3 차원 사출성형 해석을 통한 컴퓨터 마우스 제작용 이중사출성형 금형의 공정조건 결정
- Ahn, Dong-Gyu (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Park, Min-Woo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Park, Jeong-Woo (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Su (Woosung Precision Industries Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2011.06.21
- Accepted : 2011.10.15
- Published : 2011.12.01
The objective of this study determine the molding conditions of a double-shot injection mold for fabricating a computer mouse using different materials, by performing three-dimensional injection molding analysis. In order to select the optical injection molding conditions, the effects of the injection time, the maximum injection pressure, the effect of packing time on the injection molding characteristics, and the product qualities were quantitatively examined. From the results of the injection molding analysis, the optimal injection molding conditions of the double-shot injection mold, which leads the molded product to the minimized shrinkage and deflection, were estimated. The results of the injection molding experiments, showed that an appropriate computer mouse can be fabricated using different materials when the identified optimal injection molding conditions are adopted.
- Park, C. H., Ahn, H. j., Choi, D. H. and Pyo, B. G., 2010, "Two Stage Design Optimization of an Automotive Fog Blank cover for Enhancing its Injection Molding Quality," Transactions. of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers (A), Vol. 34, No. 8, pp. 1097-1103. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.8.1097
- Digiantonio, R. J., 1992, "Two Shot Molding of Thermoplastic Elastomers," ANTEC' 92 in Detroit MI.
- Chang, R. Y., Peng, A. Y., Yang, W. H. and Hsu, D. C., 2005, "Three-Dimensional Simulation of Multi-shot Sequential Molding," ANTEC, Conference Proceedings, Vol. 1, pp 47-50.
- Kong, B. S., Woo, C. W. and Geum, W. Y., 2009, "Invisible PAB Door Development using Two-Shot Molding," Proc. of 2009 KSAE Annual Meeting, No. 4, pp 1240-1246.
- Ahn, D. G., Park, M. W. and Kim, H. S., 2010, "Selection of Double Shot Moulding Conditions via Injection Moulding Analysis," Proc. of 2006 KSPE Spring Annual Meeting, No. 5, pp 1195-1196.
- Islam, A., Hansen, N. and Bondo, M., 2010, "Experimental Investigation of the Factors Influencing the Polymer- Polymer Bond Strength during Two- Component Injection Moulding," The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 50, pp 101-111. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-009-2507-8
- Shin, J. K., Min, B, K., Kim, Y. J. and Kang, S., 2004, "Minimization of Weld Lines in Two Shot Molded Parts with Microlenses," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 13, pp 230-235. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2004.13.3.230
- Kim, O. R., Cha, B. S., Lee, S. Y., Kim, Y. G. and Woo, C. K., 2009, "A Study on the Runner and Gate Consequence of Manufacture Double Shot Molding using CAE," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 18, pp 160-165. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2009.18.2.160