- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Polishing of Grooved Surface by the Second-Generation Magnetic Abrasive Polishing
2 세대 자기연마를 이용한 미세 그루브형상 표면가공에 관한 연구
- Kim, Sang-Oh (Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Sung-Ho (POSCO) ;
- Kawk, Jae-Seob (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2011.06.21
- Accepted : 2011.09.16
- Published : 2011.12.01
The second-generation magnetic abrasive polishing is one of the nontraditional machining technologies newly developed. Because of the flexibility effect in magnetic abrasive polishing, the precise and mirror like surface can be obtained during this process. In this study, magnetic abrasive polishing process was applied in small grooved surface. As a result, it was seen that the flexible magnetic abrasive tool was effective to remove burrs on the edge of the groove. However, the efficiency of magnetic abrasive polishing at the slot was very low according to increasing depth and width of slot. So, correlation between geometric parameters, such as the depth and width, and surface roughness was evaluated and the minimum width for suitable polishing was found by experimental results.
Second-Generation MAP;Groove Width;Deburring of Groove;Surface Roughness
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kim, S. O., You, M. H. and Kwak, J. S., 2008, "Performance Evaluation of Magnetic Abrasive Polishing by Design of Experiments," Transactions of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp.35-41.
- Choi, M. S. and Kim, J. D., 1995, "Study on the Rapid Magnetic Polishing System of Free-Surface Die/Mold," Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, pp. 102-107.
- Kwak, T. K., Kim, S. O. and Kwak, J. S., 2010, "Compound Machining of Milling and Magnetic Abrasive Polishing for Free Form Surface," Journal of the Korean Society of Machine Tool Engineers, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 455-461.
- Kim, S. O. and Kwak, J. S., 2008, "Improvement of Magnetic Force and Experimental Verification for Magnetic Abrasive Polishing of Aluminum Alloy," Trans. of KSMTE, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 23-29.
- Shaohui, Y. and Takeo, S., 2004, "A Comparative Study: Polishing Characteristics and Its Mechanisms of Three Vibration Modes in Vibration-Assisted Magnetic Abrasive Polishing," International of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 44, pp.383-390. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2003.10.002
- Park, W. G., Roh, T. W., Seo, Y. I., Choi, H., Lee, J. C., Jung, S. H. and Chae, S., 2001, "The Internal Finishing Characteristics of Non-Ferromagnetic Pipe Polished by Magnetic Abrasive Machining(II)," Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, pp. 960-963.
- Kim, S. O., Lee, S. H. and Kwak, J. S., 2011, "Development of Prediction Model and Parameter Optimization for Second-Generation Magnetic Abrasive Polishing of Magnesium Alloy," Trans. of KSME, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 401-407. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.4.401