- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Laser Micro-Welding Process in which Magnetic Fields are Applied
자기장을 이용한 레이저 마이크로 접합 공정
- Lee, Woo-Ram (Dept. of Nano IT Fusion Program, Seoul National University of Science, Graduate School of NID Fusion Technology) ;
- Lee, Chul-Ku (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University of Science) ;
- Kim, Joo-Han (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University of Science)
- Received : 2011.06.29
- Accepted : 2011.10.04
- Published : 2011.12.01
We have conducted a study on stainless steel laser-welding materials by using a laser beam for the evaluation. Stainless steel used in a rust and excellent thermal deformation has a variety of application. In this study, to improve the mechanical properties of stainless steel, a 50 W laser thermal source is used and magnetic fields are applied, on the basis of suggestions. The mechanical properties and performance are evaluated by performing a numerical analysis, tensile test, and shape, microstructure, and hardness test. The results show that the mechanical properties of improve increased speed the melting pool, tensile strength of 16 kPa rise, run into the melting zone and hardness 7 Hv.
Laser;Laser Welding;Magnetic Field;Stainless Steel;Melt Pool
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Gianetto, J. A., et al., 1998, "Influence of EMS on Rail Thermite Weld Structure and Properties," Proceedings of the 39th MWSP Conference 1998, Vol. 35, pp. 1091-1099.
- Popov, V. A., 1993, "Effect of the Magnetic Field on the Formation of the Joint in Resistance Spot Welding," Welding International &, pp. 905-907.
- Korab, N. G., Kazakov, N. K., Kuznetsov,V. D., and Shal'Da, L. M., 1984, "Mathematical Portrayal of the Magnetohydrodynamic Processes Taking Place During Electroslag Welding in a Transverse Magnetic Field," Automatic Welding 7, pp. 25-29.
- Raman, A., 1981, "Electroslag Welds: Problems and Cures," Weld. J. (Miami, FL, U. S.) 12, pp. 17-21.
- Jia, C. and Xiao, K., 1989, "Improvement of Weld Quality by Electromagnetic Stirring," Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, The Hague, 19-23 March, pp. 117-120.
- Zhang, Y., Quian, B. N. and Gou, X. M., 2002, "Study of Electromagnetic Stirring Refining Microstructures of Pipe-Line Steel SAW Deposits," Acta Metrologia Sinica 15, pp. 396-400.
- Willgoss, R. A., 1978, "Magnetic Stirring in TIG Welding," UK Patent Application GB 2 038 687 A. 7, DEC.
- Willgoss, R. A., 1979, "Stirring Weld Metal," UK Patent Application GB 2 040 774 A. 12, Jan.
- Willgoss, R. A., 1981, "A Practical Future for EM Stirring of the Weldpool," Weld. Met. Fabr. 5, pp. 189-197.
- Turyk, E., 1993, "Electromagnets for the Induction of a Magnetic Field into the Welding Zone in TIG Welding," Welding Int. 7, pp. 929-931. https://doi.org/10.1080/09507119309548519
- Matsyda, F., Nakagawa, H., Nakata, K. and Ayani, R., 1978, "Effect of Electromagnetic Stirring on Weld Solidification Structure of Aluminum Alloys (Report I)," Trans. JWRI 7, pp. 111-127.
- Matsyda, F., Nakata, K., Miyanaga, Y., Kayano, T. and Tsukamoto, K., 1978, "Effect of Electromagnetic Stirring on Weld Solidification Structure of Aluminum Alloys (Report II)," Trans. JWRI 7, pp. 33-45.
- Matsuda, F., et al., 1980, "Effect of Electromagnetic Stirring on Weld Solidification Structure of Aluminum Alloys," Proceedings of the Arc Physics and Weld Pool Behavior, pp. 337-347.
- Pearce, B. P. and Kerr, H. W., 1981, "Grain Refinement in Magnetically Stirred GTA Welds of Aluminum Alloys," Metall. Trans. B 12B, pp. 479-486.
- Mousavi, M. G., et al., 2003, " Grain Refinement Due to Grain Detachment in Electromagnetically Stirred AA7020 Welds," Sci. Technol. Weld. Joining 8. pp. 309-321. https://doi.org/10.1179/136217103225005462
- den Ouden, G. and de Vries, H. W., 1998,"Electromagnetic Stirring of the Weld Pool During Arc Welding of Aluminum Alloys," in Research in Materials Science and Technology-Annual Report Delft 1999, edited by M. Janssen, pp. 11-23.
- Shelenkov, G. M., et al., 1977, "Special Features of the Formation of Joints in the Arc Welding of Titanium with Electromagnetic Stirring," Welding Production (Transl. of Svar. Proiz.) 3, pp. 23-26.
- Watanabe, T., Nakamura, H. and Ei, K., 1989, "Grain Refinement by TIG Welding with Electromagnetic Stirring-A Study of Solidification Control of Austenitic Stainless Steel Weld Metal," Welding Int. 4, pp. 312-317.
- The effect of magnetic fields for laser welding process using carbon steel vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-013-0260-2