- Volume 11 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effect of Visual Biofeedback Simulation Training for Balance in Patients with Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury
시각적 바이오피드백 시뮬레이션훈련이 불완전 척수손상환자의 균형에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2011.07.08
- Accepted : 2011.10.12
- Published : 2011.11.28
This study investigated the effectiveness of visual biofeedback simulation training for patients with incomplete spinal cord injuries. Fifteen people with an ASIA impairment scale of C and D, according to the intervention method, were studied. They were randomly divided into two groups, seven people in the experimental group and eight people in the control group. They were studied three times a week for six weeks using a Tetrax Interactive Balance System, for a total of eighteen times, and each test took fifteen minutes. Paired t-tests were used to evaluate the changes before and after intervention. The difference between the groups was compared using an independent t-test. The experimental group showed significantly increased general stability, fall risk index, weight distribution (A, C, D, LEFT, HEEL) and weight distribution index, except for synchronization AC, BD. However, the control group only showed significantly increased weight distribution (A, C, LEFT). In a variation, experimental and control groups showed significantly increased weight distribution (A, B, C, HEEL), general stability, fall risk index and synchronization AD. Consequently, it was found that visual biofeedback simulation training was effective for the balance ability of incomplete spinal cord injury patients, and further studies are required.
Balance;Biofeedback;Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury
Supported by : 호원대학교
- 한주랑, "척수손상환자의 우울과 신체상과의 관계 연구", 연세대학교 석사학위논문, 1986.
- 김선옥, 임난영, "척수손상환자의 사회적 지지와 재활동기", 근관절건강학회지, 제16권, 제1호, pp.66-79, 2009.
- L. D. Hollar, Spinal cord injury. In: Trombly CA, editor. Occupational therapy for physical dysfunction, 4th edition. Baltimore(MD): Williams & Wilkins, 1995.
- J. W. Middleton, P. J. Sinclair, R. M. Smith, and G. M. Davis, "Postural control during stance in paraplegia: effects of medially linked versus unlinked knee-ankle-foot orthoses," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.80, No.12, pp.1558-1565, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(99)90330-1
- Y. J. Potten, H. A. Seelen, J. Drukker, J. P. Reulen, and M. R. Drost, "Postural muscles responses in the spinal cord injured persons during forward reaching," Ergonomics, Vol.42, No.9, pp.1200-1215, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/001401399185081
- R. Kizony, L. Raz, N. Katz, H. Weingarden, and P. L. Weiss, "Video-capture virtual reality system for patients with paraplegic spinal cord injury," J Rehabil Res Dev, Vol.42, No.5, pp.595-608, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1682/JRRD.2005.01.0023
- H. A. Seelen, Y. J. Potten, J. J. Adam, J. Drukker, F. Spaans, and A. Huson, "Postural motor programming in paraplegic patients during rehabilitation," Ergonomics, Vol.41, No.3, pp.302-316, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/001401398187053
- S. P. Burns, D. G. Golding, W. A. Rolle Jr, V. Graziani, and J. F. Ditunno Jr., "Recovery of ambulation in motor-in-complete tetraplegia," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.78, No.11, pp.1169-1172, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(97)90326-9
- 김태윤, 신영일, 이형수, "트레드밀을 이용한 불완 전 척수손상자 보행훈련의 사전 연구", 대한물리치료학회지, 제15권, 제4호, pp.869-880, 2003.
- Y. J. Jassen-Potten, H. A. Seelen, J. Drukker, T. Huson, and M. R. Drost, "The effect of seat tilting in pelvic position, balance control, and compensatory postural muscle use in paraplegic subjects," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.82, No.10, pp.1393-1402, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2001.25989
- Y. J. Jassen-Potten, H. A. Seelen, J. Drukker, F. Spaans, and M. R. Drost, "The effect of footrests on sitting balance in paraplegic subjects," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.83, No.5, pp.642-648, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2002.32437
- I. Bromley, Tetraplegia and paraplegia: A guide for physiotherapists, 5th edition. Edinburgh (Scotland): Churchill Livingstone, 1998.
- P. L. Weiss, and N. Katz, "The potential of virtual reality for rehabilitation," J Rehabil Res Dev, Vol.41, No.5, pp.vii-x, 2004.
- M. T. Schultheis, and A. A. Rizzo, "The application of virtual reality technology in rehabilitation," Rehabil Psych, Vol.46, No.3, pp.296-311, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0090-55184.108.40.2066
- C. G. Song, J. Y. Kim, and N. G. Kim, "A new postural balance control system for rehabilitation training based on virtual cycling," IEEE Trans Inf Technol in Biomed, Vol.8, No.2, pp.200-207, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITB.2004.828887
- G. Riva, "virtual reality in rehabilitation of spinal cord injuries: a case report," Rehabil Psych, Vol.45, No.1, pp.1-8, 2000.
- J. H. Ku, D. P. Jang, B. S. Lee, J. H. Lee, I. Y. Kim, and S. I. Kim, "Development and validation of virtual driving simulator for the spinal injury patient," Cyberpsychol Behav Vol.5, No.2, pp.151-156, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1089/109493102753770543
- T. Tossavainen, M. Juhola, I. Pyykko, H. Aalto, and E. Toppila, "Development of virtual reality stimuli for force platform posturography," Int J Med Inform, Vol.70, No.2-3, pp.277-283, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1386-5056(03)00034-0
- 장기연, 우희순, "여성노인에게 적용한 낙상예방작업치료가 균형 능력에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제3호, pp.233-240, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.3.232
- P. J. Brown, R. J. Marino, G. J. Herbison, and J. F. Ditunno Jr, "The 72-hour examination as a predictor of recovery in motor complete quadriplegia," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.72, No.8, pp.546-548, 1991.
- B. Morganti, G. Scivoletto, P. Ditunno, J. F. Ditunno, and M. Molinari, "Walking index for spinal cord injury(WISCI): criterioin validation," Spinal Cord, Vol.43, No.1, pp.27-33, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.sc.3101658
- M. Lacour, L. Bernard-Demanze, and M. Dumitrescu, "Posture control, aging, and attention resources: models and posture-analysis methods," Neurophysiol Clin, Vol.38, No.6, pp.411-421, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucli.2008.09.005
- 김명옥, 정한영, 이재준, 이준호, 정형준, 좌경림, "급성기후 척수손상환자에서 보행척도로 Berg균 형검사의 의의", 대한재활의학회지, 제34권, 제5 호, pp.513-517, 2010.
- J. Dornan, G. R. Fernie, and P. J. Holliday, "Visual input: its importance in the control of postual away," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.59, No.12, pp.586-591, 1978.
- L. M Nashner and J. F. Peters, "Dynamic posturography in the diagnosis and management of dizziness and balance disorders," Neurol Clin, Vol.8, No.2, pp.331-349, 1990.
- M. A. Pastor, B. L. Day, and C. D. Marsden, "Vestibular induced postural responses in Parkinson's disease," Brain, Vol.116, No.5, pp.1177-1190, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1093/brain/116.5.1177
- R. A. Geiger, J. B. Allen, J. O'Keefe, and R. R. Hicks, "Balance and mobility following stroke:effects of physical therapy interventions with and without biofeedback/forceplate training," Phys Ther, Vol.81, No.4, pp.995-1005, 2001.
- R. E. Barclay-Goddard, T. J. Stevenson, W. Poluha, M. Moffatt, and S. P. Taback, "Force platform feedback for standing balance training after stroke," Cochrane Database Syst Rev, Vol.18, No.4, CD004129, 2004.
- 김현호, 황보각, 유병국, 김명권, "전정중심의 감각통합치료가 발달장애아동의 안구진탕, 시지각,균형능력에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제4호, pp.290-302, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.4.290
- A. A. Rizzo, M. T. Schultheis, K. A. Kerns, and C. Mateer, "Analysis of assets for virtual reality applications in neuropsychology," Neuropsychol Rehabil, Vol.14, No.1/2, pp.207-239, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/09602010343000183
- A. Lott, E. Bisson, Y. Lajoie, J. McComas, and H. Sveistrup, "The effect of two types of virtual reality on voluntary center of pressure displacement," Cyberpsychol Behav, Vol.6, No.5, pp.477-485, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1089/109493103769710505
- 김보련, 최경효, 전민호, 이명종, 정선주, 장기우, "파킨슨병 환자에서 Textrax를 이용한 균형 능력 의 평가", 대한재활의학회지, 제33권, 제5호, pp.539-546, 2009.
- F. S. Duran, L. Lugo, L. Ramirez, and E. Eusse, "Effects of an exercise program on the rehabilitation of patients with spinal cord injury," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.82, No.10, pp.1349-1354, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2001.26066
- Changes of Physicopsychological Function difference on Trunk Control Exercise in Patients with Chronic Low Back Pain vol.13, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.04.331
- Effects of a Simulation-based Educational Program for Gastroendoscopic Surgery Patients vol.25, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.5.494
- Relative Effects of Individual and Group Feedback on the Quantity and Quality of Task Performance vol.14, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.12.655
- Changes of Body Balance on Static Posture According to Types of Induced Ametropia vol.19, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.2.239
- Cause Analysis in Decrease of Body Stability According to The Induced Astigmatic Blur vol.21, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2016.21.3.259
- Effects of body mass index on plantar pressure and balance vol.28, pp.11, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.29.3095