- Volume 11 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of System and Knowledge Quality, Organizational Support and Individual Traits on Knowledge Management System(KMS) Success in Research Organizations
시스템·지식 품질, 조직지원, 개인특성이 지식관리시스템 성공에 미치는 영향 -연구조직을 중심으로-
- Received : 2011.08.04
- Accepted : 2011.09.26
- Published : 2011.11.28
This research aims at investigating the factors determining the success of knowledge management system(KMS) in research organizations. Based on the literature survey and the general framework of IS success model, a new comprehensive model which is customized to the context of KMS is proposed. Some organizational support factors and an individual personality variable that moderates the relationship between predictors and the success factors are also integrated to the new model. A proposed model was tested by the technique of structural equation modeling using survey data from the employees in research organization. The results revealed that KMS quality had the strongest impact on the KMS success measured by perceived usefulness and user satisfaction and KMS use. The moderating effect of an individual personality factor, organization-based self esteem is also founded in the research.
Knowledge Management Systems(KMS);Knowledge Management systems(KMS) Success;Research Organizations;Organization-based Self Esteem
- 김동영, 한인수, "지식공유에 미치는 개인적.조직적 영향요인에 관한 연구-대덕연구단지 연구개발조직을 중심으로-", 지식경영연구, 제5권, 제1 호, pp.83-99, 2004.
- 박문수, 문형구, "지식경영의 영향요인: 연구동향과 과제, "지식경영연구, 제2권, 제1호, pp.1-22, 2001.
- 이영희, 이정우, "지식관리시스템(KMS)의 성공 요인 : 공기업 사례들의 분석", 한국경영정보학회, 2004년 춘계학술대회 발표논문집, 2004.
- 이준희, "유비쿼터스 지식관리를 위한 ECM 시스템 설계", 한국콘테츠학회논문집, 제5권, 제5호, pp.10-16, 2005.
- 임규찬, "ERP도입의 성공요인과 시스템 정보특성간의 적합성이 시스템 성과에 미치는 영향분석", 한국콘테츠학회논문집, 제6권, 제2호, pp.136-145, 2006.
- L. S. Aiken and S. C. West, Multiple Regression: Testing and Interpreting Interactions, Newbury Park, CA:Sage, 1991.
- J. J. Baroudi, M. H. Olson, and B. Ives, "An Empirical Study on the Impact of User Involvement on System Usage and Information Satisfaction," Communications of the ACM, Vol.29, No.3, pp.232-238, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1145/5666.5669
- T. H. Davenport and L. Prusak, Working Knowledge, Boston, Massachusetts: Harvard Business Press, 1998.
- W. H. DeLone and E. R. McLean, "Information System Success: The Quest for the Dependent Variable," Information Systems Research, March, pp.60-95, 1992.
- W. H. DeLone and E. R. McLean, "The DeLone and McLean Model of Information System Success: A Ten Year Update," Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol.19, No.4, pp.9-30, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2003.11045748
- W. J. Doll and G. Torkzadeh, "The Measurement of End-User Computing Satisfaction," MIS Quarterly, Vol.12, No.2, pp.259-274, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2307/248851
- D. L. Goodhue and R. L. Thompson, "Task- Technology Fit and Individual Performance," MIS Quarterly, Vol.19, No.2, pp.213-236, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/249689
- L. A. Halawi, R. V. McCarthy, and J. E. Aronson, "An Empirical Investigation of Knowledge Management System's Success," Journal of Computer Information Systems, Winter, pp.121-132, 2008.
- R. Kreitner and A. Kinicki, Organizational Behavior, 2nd. ed. Richard D. Irwin, Inc., pp.82-92, 1992.
- Kulkarni, R. Uday, Sury Ravindran, and Ronald Freeze, "A Knowledge Management Success Model: Theoretical Development and Empirical Validation," Journal of Management Information System, Vol.23, No.3, pp.309-347, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2753/MIS0742-1222230311
- Ren-Zong Kuo, Ming-Fong Lai, and Gwo-Guang Lee, "The Impact of Empowering Leadership for KMS adoption," Management Decision, Vol.49, No.7, pp.1120-1140, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1108/00251741111151172
- Jung-Yu Lai, "How Reward, Computer Selfefficacy, and Perceived Power Security Affect Knowledge Management Systems Success: An Empirical Investigation in High-tech Companies," Journal of the American Society for Information Science & Technology, Vol.60, No.2, pp.332-347, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.20982
- J. L Pierce, D. G. Gardner, L. L. Cummings, and R. B. Dunham, "Organization- based Self=Esteem: Construct Definition, Measurement, and Validation," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.32, pp.622-648, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/256437
- J. L. Pierce, D. G. Gardner, R. B. Dunham, and L. L. Cummings, "Moderation by Organizationbased Self-esteem of Role Condition-Employee Response Relationships," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.36, No.2, pp.271-288, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/256523
- A. Ragowsky and S. Neumann Ahituv, "A Model for Identifying the Value and the Importance of an Information System Application," Information & Management, Vol.31, No.2, pp.89-102, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(96)01072-5
- M. Saija, K. Ulla, and R. Mervi, "Exploring Work- and Organization-based Resources as Moderators between Work-Family Conflict, Well-being, and Job Attitudes," Work & Stress, Vol.20 No.3, pp.210-233, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/02678370600999969
- P. B. Seddon, "A Respecification and Extension of the DeLone and McLean Model of IS Success," Information System Research, Vol.8, No.3, pp.240-253, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.3.240
- V. Sambarmuthy and M. Subramani, "Special Issue on Information Technology and Knowledge Management," MIS Quarterly, Vol.29, No.1, pp.1-7, 2005. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148665
- Jen-Hur Wu and Yu-Min Wang, "Measuring KMS Success: A Respecification of the DeLone and McLean's Model," Information & Management, Vol.43, pp.728-739, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.05.002
- A. Rai, S. S. Lang, and R. B. Welker, "Assessing the Validity of IS Success Models: An Empirical Test and Theoretical Analysis," Information Systems Research, Vol.13, No.1, pp.50-69, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.22.214.171.124
- Yu-Min Wang and Yi-Shun Wang, "Examining the Dimensionality and Measurement of User-perceived Knowledge and Information Quality in the KMS Context," Journal of Information Science, Vol.35, No.1, pp.94-109, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1177/0165551508092260