- Volume 12 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Decrease in Intrinsic Objectionable Odors and Change of Gastrodin Contents in Lactic acid Treated Gastrodia elate Blume
젖산 처리에 따른 천마의 불쾌취 감소 및 Gastrodin 함량 변화
- Chang, Young-Nam (Department of Oriental Medicine Resources, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Ahn, Byung-Yong (Department of Oriental Medicine Resources, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2011.07.14
- Accepted : 2011.11.10
- Published : 2011.11.30
This study was carried out to decrease intrinsic objectionable odor, bitter and fishy taste and change the biobeneficial components (gastrodin and p-hydroxybenzyl alcohol) of Gastrodia elate Blume. First of all, Gastrodia elata Blume. was dipped in the rice-washed water and rice-bran solution fermented with Lactobacillus brevis and Lactobacillus plantarum. The objectionable odor, bitter and fishy taste were decreased considerably with the treatments. Gastrodia elata Blume. was also dipped in organic acids (10 different varieties). The result showed that the most effective treatment to reduce objectionable odor, bitter and fishy taste of Gastrodia elata Blume. was treated with 1.0% lactic acid. Eleven different kinds of volatile components such as acetaldehyde, formic acid ethyl ester, acetic acid ethyl ester, 4-methylphenol and 3-hydroxy-2-butanone were separated from Gastrodia elata Blume when treated with or without 1.0% lactic acid. 4-Methylphenol, which is an objectionable odor in Gastrodia elata Blume, decreased with the treatment of lactic acid. While the contents of gastrodin and p-hydroxybenzyl alcohol in Gastrodia elata Blume. increased by 20% when dipped in 1.0% lactic acid solution for 24 hours and steamed at
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Paik YS, Song JK, Yoon CH, Chung KS, Yun HS, "Anti-platelet and anti-thrombotic effects of Gastrodia elata", Kor. J. Pharmacogn. vol. 26, pp. 385-398, 1995.
- Huh K, Kim JS, Kwon TK, Kim JA, Yoag CC, Ha JH, Lee DU, "The Mechanism of Anticonvulsive Effect of the Rhizoma of Gastrodia Elata in Pentylenetetrazole Treated Rats", J. Kor. Pharm. Sci., vol. 42, pp. 330-335, 1998.
- Huang ZL,, "Recent developments in pharmaceutical study and clinical application of Gastrodia elata in china", Chung-Hsi-I- Chihe-Ho-Tsa-Chih, vol. 5, pp. 251-258, 1985.
- Huang JH, "Comparison studies in pharmaceutical properties of injection Gastrodia elata, gastrodin-free fraction and gastrodin", Chung-Kuo-Hsueh-Yuan-Hsueh- Pao, vol. 11, pp. 147-152, 1989.
- Taniguchi H, Yosioka I, Yamasaki K, Kim IH, "Studies on the constituents of Gastrodia elata Blume", Chem. Pharm. Bull., vol. 29, pp. 55-62. 1981. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.29.55
- Kang TS, Kong YJ, Kwon HJ, Choi BK, Hong JG, Park YK, "A studies on the chemical composition and in vitro biological activities of a hot water extracts of Gastrodia elata", The Korean Journal of Mycology, vol. 30, pp. 136-141, 2002. https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2002.30.2.136
- Zhou J, Yang YB, Yang CR, "Chemical study on gastrodin and related compounds, separation and identification of chemical constitutes of Gastrodia elata B1", Acta Chem. Sinica(in Chinese), vol. 37, pp. 183-189, 1979.
- Lin JH, Liu YC, Hau JP, Wen KC, "Parisiens B and C from rhizomes of Gastrodia elata", Phytochemistry, vol. 42, pp. 549-551, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-9422(95)00955-8
- Hayashi J, Sekine T, Deguchi S, Lin Q, Horie S, Tsuchiya S, Yano S, Watanabe K, Ikegami F, "Phenolic compounds from Gastrodia rhizome and relaxant effects of related compounds on isolated smooth muscle preparation", Phytochemistry, vol. 59, pp. 513-519, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9422(02)00008-0
- Yun-Choi HS, Pyo MK, Park KM, "Isolation of 3-O-(4'-hydroxybenzyl)-β-sitosterol and 4-[4'- (4"-hydroxybenzyloxy)benzyloxy] benzyl methyl ether from fresh tubers of Gastrodia elata", Arch. Pharm. Res., vol. 21, pp. 357-360, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02975302
- Yun-Choi HS, Pyo MK, "Isolation of 4,4'-dihydroxybenzyl sulfoxide from Gastrodia elata", Arch. Pharm. Res., vol. 20, pp. 91-92, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02974050
- Zhou J, Yang Yang CR, "Chemical study on gastrodin and related compounds, the synthesis of gastrodin and related compounds", Acta. Chem. Sinica(in Chinese), vol. 38, pp. 162-165, 1980.
- Peng CX, Gong JS, Zhang XF, Zhang M, Zheng SQ, "Production of gastrodin through biotransformation of p-hydroxybenzyl alcohol using hairy root cultures of Datura tatula", L. African Journal of Biotrchnology, vol. 7, pp. 211-216, 2008.
- Lee BY, Yang YM, Han CK, "Analysis of the aroma pattern of Gastrodia Rhizoma by the drying condition", J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr., vol. 34, pp. 13-17, 2002.
- Kim HJ, Kwa IS, Lee BS, Lee HC, Lee EM, Lim JY, Yun YS, Chung BW. "Methods of Pretreatment for Decrease of Discomfortable Odor of Gastrodia elata Blume", Journal of Engineering Research, vol. 35, pp. 135-140, 2004.
- Lee JW, Kim YK, "Volatile Flavor Constituents in the Rhizoma of Gastrodia elata", Agricultural Chemistry and Biotechnology, vol.. 40, pp. 455-458, 1997.