- Volume 60 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of HVDC#3 on Jeju Power System
제주 HVDC#3 영향 분석
- Received : 2011.09.20
- Accepted : 2011.10.19
- Published : 2011.12.01
According to the 5th national plan for electric power demand and supply, the 3rd HVDC link will be installed between KEPCO and Jeju Island system and go into operation in June, 2016. However, if it adopt LCC HVDC, Jeju power system could be in voltage instable condition. In order to solve the problem, we propose the application of VSC HVDC to the 3rd HVDC project. In the past, VSC HVDC has many disadvantages such as, inefficiency in conversion, size limit, and expensiveness, compared to LCC HVDC. Recently, the new technologies and the demand for renewable energy interconnection are leading a large growth in VSC HVDC market. In this paper, we will introduce the technical and market trends of VSC HVDC and power system stability analysis results for Jeju power system having LCC and VSC HVDCs.
Power system stability;LCC HVDC;VSC HVDC
- 지식경제부, "제5차 전력수급 기본계획", 2011
- IFC Consulting, "Overview of the Potential for Undergrounding the Electricity Networks in Europe", prepared for the DG TREN/European Commission, Study Contract 2002/009/C2, IFC Consulting Ltd, London, UK, 2003
- ABB, "Middletown - Norwalk Transmission Project - Technical Description of VSC HVDC Converter and Cable Technology", Prepared for Northeast Utilities, ABB Power Technologies AB, Ludvika, Sweden, October 2004
- Peter Fairly, "Fixing Japan's Fragmented Grid", IEEE Spectrum, May 2011
- LS Cable, "HVDC 케이블 기술개발 현황", HVDC 워킹그룹, 2010년 대한전기학회 전력기술부문회 추계학술대회
- Pattern Energy Group, "Pattern's Experience with HVDC Transmission Projects", EUCI's Conference on HVDC Transmission.
- PSS/E Operation Manual, vol. 2, 2010, Siemens PTI