- Volume 60 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Characteristics Analysis of Induction Generator with a Change in Rotor Speed
회전속도 변화에 따른 유도발전기의 특성 해석
- Received : 2011.09.03
- Accepted : 2011.10.19
- Published : 2011.12.01
Squirrel cage induction motor is the main driving system of industrial field and familiar with its use in a large variety of applications. However, many engineer are unfamiliar with the induction generator, even though no difference exists between both machines except for the mode of operation. But an induction generator is commonly used for micro & small hydro power applications due to its simplicity, reliability, low cost and robustness. Input and output of induction motor has turned against at the induction generator operation. Rotation speed of induction generator is small faster than induction motor. As output of induction machines increases with the increasement of speed, so loss is same. Actually, generator efficiency is lower than motor at this condition. If induction generator is connected with mechanical load, total efficiency is decreased. In this paper, we analyzed that input, output, torque and efficiency is different from each other above and below synchronous speed.
Induction generator;Induction motor;Efficiency;Active & reactive power;Torque
- Charles I. Hubert, "Electric Machines-Theory, Operation, Applications, Adjustment and Control", Prentice Haul, 2002
- Theodore Wild I, "Electrical Machines, Drives, and Power Systems", Prentice Haul, 2002
- M. Godoy Simoes & Felix A. Farret, "Renewable Energy Systems-Design and Analysis with Induction Generators", CRC Press, 2004
- 김종겸, "불평형 부하 운전시 3상 유도발전기 특성 해석", 대한전기학회 논문지, Vol.56P, No.3, pp.123-128, 2007. 09
- NEMA MG1-2003, "Motor and Generators",
- IEEE Standard Test Procedure for Polyphase Induction Motors and Generators,. IEEE Std 112-2004, 2004.
- K. S. Pankaj, J. P. Nelson, "Application Guidelines for Induction Generators," in Proc. International Conference on Electrical Machines and Drives, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 18-21, 1997, Paper WC1/5.1 - WC1/5.3.
- Paul L. Cochran, "Poly Induction Motors-Analysis, Design and Application", Marcel Dekker, 1989
- John R. Smith & Meng J. Chen, "Three-Phase Electrical Machine Systems-Computer Simulation", John Wiley & Sons, 1994
- Output Characterization Analysis of Induction Generator using Test Data vol.62, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.7.1027
- Operating Characteristic Analysis of the Induction Generator by the Reactor Starting vol.63, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2014.63.3.138
- A Study on the Application of Micro Hydro Power Generator at the Water Treatment Plant vol.28, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2014.28.9.067
- Efficiency Analysis for Water Turbine Generator of Agricultural Reservoir vol.62, pp.9, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.9.1223
- A Study on the Operation Characteristic of Induction Generator in the Small Hydropower Plant vol.62, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.5.632
- A comparison of the operating characteristics of the synchronous generator and induction generator applied to the small hydroelectric power plant vol.63, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2014.63.2.055