- Volume 60 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Wavelet Transform Based Time-Frequency Domain Reflectometry for Underground Power Cable
지중 전력 케이블에 대한 웨이블릿 변환 기반 시간-주파수 영역 반사파 계측법 개발
- Received : 2011.09.23
- Accepted : 2011.11.01
- Published : 2011.12.01
In this paper, we develope a wavelet transform based time-frequency domain reflectometry (WTFDR) for the fault localization of underground power cable. The conventional TFDR (CTFDR) is more accurate than other reflectometries to localize the cable fault. However, the CTFDR has some weak points such as long computation time and hard implementation because of the nonlinearity of the Wigner-Ville distribution used in the CTFDR. To solve the problem, we use the complex wavelet transform (CWT) because the CWT has the linearity and the reference signal in the TFDR has a complex form. To confirm the effectiveness and accuracy of the proposed method, the actual experiments are carried out for various fault types of the underground power cable.
Fault localization;Time-frequency domain reflectometry;Complex wavelet transform;Underground cable
- T. C. Yu and J. R. Marti, "A robust phasecoordinates frequency-dependent underground cable model (zCable) for the EMTP," IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 189-194, Jan., 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2002.807749
- A. Ponniran and M. S. Kamarudin, "Study on the performance of underground XLPE cables in service based on tan delta and capacitance measurements," Proc. of IEEE 2nd International Power and Energy Conf., pp. 39-43, Dec., 2008.
- A. Cataldo, L. Tarricone, F. Attivissimo and A. Trotta, "A TDR method for real-time monitoring of liquids," IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1616-1625, Oct., 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2007.903596
- H. V. Hamme, "High-resolution frequency-domain reflectometry by estimation of modulated superimposed complex sinusoids," IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 762-767, Dec., 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/19.199407
- Y. J. Shin, E. J. Powers, T. S. Choe, C. Y. Hong, E. S. Song, J. G. Yook and J. B. Park, "Application of time-frequency domain reflectometry for detection and localization of a fault on a coaxial cable," IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 2493-2500, Dec., 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2005.858115
- K. S. Kwak, S. H. Doo, C. K. Lee, J. B. Park and T. S. Yoon, "Reduction of the blind spot in the time-frequency domain reflectometry," IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 265-270, Apr., 2008. https://doi.org/10.1587/elex.5.265
- S. H. Doo, W. S. Ra, T. S. Yoon and J. B. Park, "Fast time-frequency domain reflectometry based on the AR coefficient estimation of a chirp signal," Proc. of American Conrol Conf., pp. 3423-3428, Jun., 2010.
- E. Song, Y. J. Shin, P. E. Stone, J. Wang, T. S. Choe, J. G. Yook and J. B. Park, "Detection and Location of Multiple Wiring Faults via Time- Frequency-Domain Reflectometry," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 131-138, Feb., 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEMC.2008.2007964
- J. Wang, P. E. Stone, Y. J. Shin and R. A. Dougal, "Application of joint time-frequency domain reflectometry for electric power cable diagnostics," IET Signal Processing, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 395-405, Aug., 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-spr.2009.0137
- J. C. Goshwami and A. K. Chan, Fundamentals of wavelets: theory, algorithms, and application, New York: Wiley, 1999.
- P. Shukla, "Complex wavelet transforms and their applications," M.S. thesis, Dept. Electronic and Electrical Eng., Univ. Strathclyde, Glasgow, U.K., 2003.
- J. Driesen and R. Belmans, "Time-frequency analysis in power measurement using complex wavelets," Proc. of IEEE Int. Symp. on Ciruits and Systems, pp. 681-684, Aug., 2002.
- L. G. Weiss, "Wavelets and wideband correlation processing," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 13-32, Jan., 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/79.252866
- O. Chaari, M. Meunier and F. Brouaye, "Wavelets: a new tool for the resonant grounded power distribution systems relaying," IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1301-1308, Jul., 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.517484
Supported by : 한국에너지 기술평가원(KETEP)