- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Auto Frame Extraction Method for Video Cartooning System
동영상 카투닝 시스템을 위한 자동 프레임 추출 기법
- Received : 2011.08.03
- Accepted : 2011.11.21
- Published : 2011.12.28
While the broadband multimedia technologies have been developing, the commercial market of digital contents has also been widely spreading. Most of all, digital cartoon market like internet cartoon has been rapidly large so video cartooning continuously has been researched because of lack and variety of cartoon. Until now, video cartooning system has been focused in non-photorealistic rendering and word balloon. But the meaningful frame extraction must take priority for cartooning system when applying in service. In this paper, we propose new automatic frame extraction method for video cartooning system. At frist, we separate video and audio from movie and extract features parameter like MFCC and ZCR from audio data. Audio signal is classified to speech, music and speech+music comparing with already trained audio data using GMM distributor. So we can set speech area. In the video case, we extract frame using general scene change detection method like histogram method and extract meaningful frames in the cartoon using face detection among the already extracted frames. After that, first of all existent face within speech area image transition frame extract automatically. Suitable frame about movie cartooning automatically extract that extraction image transition frame at continuable period of time domain.
Cartooning;Speech Area;Face Detection;Frame Extraction
- 이인권, "디지털 콘텐츠의 만화적인 스타일화", 한국콘텐츠학회지, 제6권, 제3호, pp.33-38, 2008.
- J. Wang, Y. Q. Xu, H. Y. Shum, and M. F. Cohen, "Video Tooning," ACM Transactions on Graphics Vol.23, pp.574-583, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/1015706.1015763
- 류동성, 조환규, "HSV 색상 모델과 영역 확장 기법을 이용한 동영상 프레임 이미지의 흑백 만화 카투닝 알고리즘", 정보과학회논문지 : 시스템 및 이론, 제35권, 제12호, pp.560-567, 2008.
- W. I. Hwang, P. J. Lee, B. K. Chun, D. S. Ryu, and H. G. Cho, "Cinema Comics : Cartoon Generation From Video Stream," In Proc. of GRAPP, pp.299-304, 2006.
- J. Preu and J. Loviscach, "From movie to comic, informed by the screenplay," In SIGGRAPH 2007:ACM SIGGRAPH posters, p.99, 2007.
- D. Kurlander, T. Skelly, and D. Salesin, "Comic chat," In Proceedings of SIGGRAPH, ACM Press, pp.225-236, 1996.
- B. K. Chun, D. S. Ryu, W. I. Hwang, and H. G. Cho, "An automated procedure for word balloon placement in cinema comics," The 2nd International Symposium on Visual Computing, pagesII, pp.576-585, 2006.
- R. Lienhart and J. Maydt, "An Extended Set of Harr-like Features for Rapid Object Detection," IEEE ICIP, pp.900-903, 2002.
- 이경록, 류시우, 곽재영, "실험에 의한 음성․음악 분류 특징의 비교", 한국콘텐츠학회 추계종합학술대회 논문집, 제2권, 제2호, pp.308-313, 2004.
- P. Viola and M. J. Jones, "Rapid Object Detection Using a Boosted Cascade of Simple Features," IEEE CVPR, Vol.1, pp.511-518, 2001.
- G. Bradski and A. Kaehler, "Learning OpenCV: Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library," Cambridge, MA: O'Reilly, 2008.
- S. U. Jung, "Effiecient Rectangle Feature Extraction for Real-time Facial Expression Recognition based on AdaBoost," Master's Thesis, Korea Advanced Institue of Science and Technology, 2005.
- K. G. Derpanis, "Integral image-based representations," Technical report, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, York University, 2007.
- 이원오, 이의철, 박강령, 이희경, 박민식, 이한규, 홍진우, "얼굴 및 눈 위치 추적을 통한 IPTV 화면 인터페이스 제어에 관한 연구", 한국통신학회논문지, 제35권, 제6호, pp.859-993, 2010.