- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Disjointed Multipath Routing for Real-time Multimedia Data Transmission in Wireless Sensor Networks
무선 센서 네트워크 환경에서 실시간 멀티미디어 데이터 전송을 위한 비-중첩 다중 경로 라우팅
- Received : 2011.10.17
- Accepted : 2011.11.10
- Published : 2011.12.28
A variety of intelligent application using the sensor network system is being studied. In general, the sensor network consists of nodes which equipped with a variety of sensing module and is utilized to collect environment information. Recently, the demands of multimedia data are increasing due to the demands of more detailed environmental monitoring or high-quality data. In this paper, we overcome the limitations of low bandwidth in Zigbee-based sensor networks and propose a routing algorithm for real-time multimedia data transmission. In the previously proposed algorithm for multimedia data transmission occurs delay time of routing setup phase and has a low data transmission speed due to bandwidth limitations of Zigbee. In this paper, we propose the hybrid routing algorithm that consist of Zigbee and Bluetooth and solve the bandwidth problem of existing algorithm. We also propose the disjointed multipath setup algorithm based on competition that overcome delay time of routing setup phase in existing algorithm. To evaluate the superiority of the proposed algorithm, we compare it with the existing algorithm. Our experimental results show that the latency was reduced by approximately 78% and the communication speed is increased by approximately 6.9-fold.
Sensor Network;Multipath routing;Multimedia Data Transmission
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- R. Szewczyk, E. Osterweil, J. Polastre, M. Hamilton, A. Mainwaring, and D. Estrin, "Habitat Monitoring with Sensor Networks," Communications of the ACM, Vol.47, No.6, pp.34-40, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/990680.990704
- D. Culler, D. Estrin, and M. Srivastava, "Guest editors' introduction: Overview of sensor etworks," In Journal of IEEE Computer, Vol.37, pp.41-49, 2004.
- J. Park, M. Yeo, D. Seong, H. Kwon, H. Lee and J. Yoo, "An Energy-Efficient multiple Path Data Routing Scheme using Virtual Label in Sensor Network," Journal of the Korea Contents Association(JKCA '11), Vol.11, No.7, pp.70-79, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.7.070
- M. Yeo, Y, Kim, and J, Yoo, "A Dual-layer Energy Efficient Distributed Clustering Algorithm for Wireless Sensor networks," Journal of KISE, Vol35, No.1, pp.84-95, 2008.
- N. Xu, "A Survey of Sensor Network Applications," University of Southern California, 2004(1).
- J. kooker, "Bluetooth, ZigBee, and Wibree: A Comparison of WPAN Technologies," 2008.
- S. Madden, M. Franklin, J. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, "TAG: A Tiny Aggregation Service for Ad Hoc Sensor Networks," Proc. of the Usenix Symposium Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '02), pp.131-146, 2002.
- O. Younis and S. Fahmy, "HEED: a Hybrid, Energy-Efficient Distributed clustering approach for ad hoc sensor networks," IEEE Trans. of Mobile Computing, Vol.3, No.4, pp.366-379, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2004.41
- Y. Jang, A. Kim, and J. Chang, "Design and Implementation of Cluster based Routing Protocol using Representative Path in Ubiquitous Sensor Network," Journal of the Korea Contents Association(JKCA '10), Vol.10, No.6, pp.91-105, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.6.091
- Z. Jiang, J. Ma, W. Lou, and J. Wu, "An Information Model for Geographic Greedy Forwarding in Wireless Ad-hoc Sensor Networks," Proceedings of the 27th IEEE INFOCOM', pp.825-833, 2008.
- L. Cobo, A. Quintero, and S. Pierre , "Ant-Based Routing for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks using Multiple QoS Metrics," Trans. of the Computer Networks, pp.2991-3010, 2010.
- X. Tang and J. Xu, "Extending Network Lifetime for Precision-Constrained Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks," Procceedings of the IEEE INFOCOM, 2006.