- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Consumers Vigorous Complaining Behaviors in the Internet Web Site Explained By Integrating Theory of Planned Behavior and Anger
인터넷 웹사이트에서 소비자의 적극적 불평행동에 관한 연구: 감정이론과 계획행동이론을 중심으로
- Received : 2011.09.09
- Accepted : 2011.11.14
- Published : 2011.12.28
The present research integrates the core aspects of anger with the theory of planned behavior to investigate factors influencing online activism in a Web site. This study conducted online survey, and the sample was members who joined the V4400 Sobi-ja-heem Web site. The Web site Sobi-ja-heem was initiated by a consumer who was irritated at the cell phone manufacturer Samsung Inc. because its model, "Anycall" had major product defects such as the malfunction of the camcorder, poor tone quality, fuzziness of the screen, and broken text messages. The findings suggests that adding anger in Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB) enhances the explanatory power of the theory in predicting an intention to participate in activities to correct the issue, which indicates the possibility of combining emotion and the TPB in the prediction of online activism.
Anger;Theory of Planned Behavior;Samsung's Anycall;Consumer Activism;Web Site
- 김동태, 김문섭, "가격할인에 대한 지각된 공정서과 재 구매의도에 대한 연구: 기존 구매자의 인지적, 감정적 반응을 중심으로", 소비자학연구, 제21권, 제3호, pp.1-27, 2010.
- 서문식, 이지은, 조상헌, "온라인 브랜드 커뮤니티에서의 관계단절행동", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제12호, pp.352-365, 2010.
- 이진희, "온라인 브랜드커뮤니티가 소비자 태도에 미치는 영향: 온라인 대학 브랜드 선택을 중심으로", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제12호, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.12.366
- C. J. Armitage, and M. Conner, "Efficacy of the theory of planned behavior: A meta-analytic review," British Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.40, pp.471-499, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1348/014466601164939
- R. P. Bagozzi, "The rebirth of attitude research in marketing," Journal of the Market Research Society, Vol.30, No.2, pp.193-195, 1988.
- M. Zanna and J. K. Rempel, "Attitudes: A new look at an old concept," In D. Bar-Tal, & A. W. Kruglanski (Eds.), The Social Psychology of Knowledge, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp.315-333, 1988.
- R. Batra and O. Ahtola, "Measuring the hedonie and utilitarian sources of consumer attitudes," Marketing Letters, Vol.2, No.2, pp.159-170, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00436035
- K. Edwards, "The interplay of affect and cognition in attitude formation and change," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.59, No.2, pp.202-216, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.206
- W. J. McGuire, "The nature of attitude and attitude change," In G. Lindzey & E. Aronson (Eds.), The handbook of social psychology, Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, Vol.3, pp.136-314, 1969.
- D. Trafimow and P. Sheeran, "Some tests of the distinction between cognitive and affective beliefs," Journal of Experimental Social Psycho logy, Vol.34, pp.378-397, 1988.
- H. S. Bae, "Entertainment-education and recr uitment of cornea donors: The role of emotion and issue involvement," Journal of Health Communication, Vol.13, pp.20-36, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730701806953
- A. Arvola, M. Vassallo, M. Dean, P. Lampila, A. Saba, L. Lahteenmäki, and R. Shepherd, "Predicting intentions to purchase organic food: The role of affective and moral attitudes in the Theory of Planned Behavior," Appetite, Vol.50, pp.443-454, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appet.2007.09.010
- J. P. Dillard and A. Meijnders, "Persuasion and the structure of affect," In J. P. Dillard & M. Pfau (Eds.), The Persuasion handbook, pp.309-328, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2002.
- L. E. Thompson, J. R. Barnett, and J. R. Pearce, "Scared straight? Fear-appeal anti-smoking campaigns, risk, self-efficacy and addiction," Health, Risk & Society, Vol.11, No.2, pp.181-196, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/13698570902784281
- J. S. Lerner and D. Keltner, "Beyond valence: Toward a model of emtion-specific influences on judgment and choice," Cognition and Emotion, Vol.14, pp.473-493, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1080/026999300402763
- C. A. Smith and R. S. Lazarus, "Appraisal components, core relational themes, and the emotions," Cognition and Emotion, Vol.7, pp.233-269, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1080/02699939308409189
- B. Weiner, "A cognitive (attribution) -emotion-action model of motivated behavior: An analysis of judgments of help-giving," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.39, pp.186-200, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.11
- M. M. Turner, "Using emotion in risk communication: The anger activism model," Public Relations Review, Vol33, pp.114-119, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pubrev.2006.11.013
- I. Ajzen, "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol.50, pp.179-211, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- A Study on the Factors of Civil Petitions & Complaints within Public Libraries vol.48, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2014.48.3.281