- Volume 11 Issue 12
This study takes a uses and gratification theory based approach to identifying the relation between TV home-shopping channel use motivation and purchase intention. The results are summarized as follows. First, in respect of TV home-shopping channel use motivation, the analysis results reveal three factors: convenience, information seeking, and entertainment. Among these, the factor of convenience was the first in the order of importance. Secondly, 1)It is found that use motivation also has some limited influence on purchase intention. 2)Selectivity and involvement degree, the sub-categories of audience activity, are found to be the variables with the highest prediction ability, suggesting a need to give a particular attention to them. 3)In addition, viewing amount, a variable of use behavior, is shown to have a significant influence on purchase intention. The followings are the implications of the study results. First, marketing strategies that enable maximization of shopping convenience are required. Second, there is a need to approach the delivery of TV home-shopping contents as a kind of broadcasting contents on their own rather than merely a medium for selling goods.
TV Home-shopping;Uses and Gratifications;Audience Activity;Use Motivation
Supported by : 인덕대학
- M. R. Levy, "Conceptualizing and measuring aspects of audience activity," Journalism Quarterly, Vol.60, pp.109-115, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1177/107769908306000118
- P. Palmgreen, "Uses and Gratifications: A theoretical perspective," Communication Yearbook, pp.20-55, 1984.
- A. M. Rubin, Media uses and effects: A uses-and -gratifications perspective. In J. Bryant & D. Zillmann(Eds.), "Media effects: Advances in Theory and Research," Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum, pp.417-436, 1994.
- M. R. Levy and S. Windahl, The concept of audience activity, In K. E. Rosengren, L. A. Wenner, & P. Palmgreen(eds.), "Media gratifications research: Current perspectives," Newbury Park, CA: Sage, pp.109-122, 1985.
- 김창현, 홈쇼핑 리포트, 편집회사 사람들, p.27, p.204, 1998.
- E. Katz, "Mass Communication research and study of popular culture," Studies in Public Communication, Vol.2, pp.1-6, 1959.
- 차배근, 매스 커뮤니케이션 효과이론, 제2판 8쇄, 나남, 2001.
- J. G. Blumler, "The role of theory in use and gratifications studies," Communication Research, Vol.6, No.1, pp.9-36, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365027900600102
- A. M. Rubin, Media uses and effects: A uses-and -gratifications perspective, In J. Bryant & D. Zillmann(Eds.), "Media effects: Advances in Theory and Research," Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum, pp.417-436, 1994.
- E. Katz, J. G. Blumler, and M. Gurevitch, Utilization of mass communication by the individual, In J. G. Blumler & E. Katz(Eds.), "The use of masss communication: Current perspectives on gratifications research," Beverly Hills, CA: Sage, pp.19-32, 1974.
- K. E. Rosengren, "Uses and gratifications: A paradigm outlined," The Uses of Mass communication, pp.269-285, 1974.
- 정종원, "인터넷 이용과 충족유형에 관한 연구," 동서언론, No.7, p.191-220, 2003.
- A. M. Rubin, "Ritualized and instrumental television viewing," Journal of Communication, Vol.34, No.3, pp.67-77, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1984.tb02174.x
- 김정기, 박동숙, 매스미디어와 수용자, 나남, p.65, 1999.
- F. Biocca, "Opposing Conception of the Audience: The Active and Passive Himispheres of W. C. Theory," in Anderson, ed. Communication Yearbook, Vol.11, 1988.
- 김정기, 한국시청자의 텔레비전 이용과 효과연구, 커뮤니케이션북스, 2004.
- 주지혁, 최명일, 김봉철, "성인여성의 TV홈쇼핑 속성 인식이 시청만족도 및 구매의도에 미치는 영향: 지각된 용이성, 지각된 위험, 지각된 유용성 을 중심으로", 광고학 연구, 제19권, 제1호, pp.37-53, 2008.
- M. Fishbein and I. Ajzen, "Belief, Attitude, Intention, and Behavior: An Introduction to Theory and Research, Reading," MA: Addison-Wesley, 1975.
- 김희수, "서비스 품질 차원이 고객만족에 미치는 영향의 차이에 관한연구-관여도의 조절효과를 중심으로-", 단국대학교 박사학위논문, 2007.
- (주)CJ홈쇼핑 내부자료, 2009.
- The Effect of TV Home Shopping Service Quality on Relationship Commitment and Customer Loyalty -Fashion Products- vol.39, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2015.39.6.899