- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effects of the Job Characteristics of Tax Officials on Empowerment and Organizational Effectiveness
세무공무원의 직무특성이 임파워먼트와 조직유효성에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2011.08.29
- Accepted : 2011.10.12
- Published : 2011.12.28
The purpose of the study is to find out the causal relationship between the job characteristics of tax officials and empowerment and organizational effectiveness. The subjects were the tax officials from regional tax offices and tax offices in Busan and South Gyeongsang Province selected by convenience sampling and 350 questionnaires were analyzed. The study results showed that their job importance and job autonomy had positive effects on empowerment and the higher the empowerment was, the higher organizational effectiveness was, and the higher their job satisfaction was, the higher their organizational commitment was. The results reflected the job characteristics of the administrative tasks of tax organizations. Therefore, the tax officials should be empowered by encouraging their willing participation and creativity and vesting authority and responsibility in them and should be motivated to achieve higher organizational performance through their job satisfaction and organizational commitment.
Job Characteristics;Empowerment;Job Satisfaction;Organizational Commitment
- 권세창, "남자대학농구팀의 조직분위기가 임파워먼트 및 조직효과성에 미치는 영향", 석사학위논문, 부산대학교 대학원, 2006.
- 김홍식, 안민주, 김공, "노인전담체육지도자의 직무특성과 직무만족 및 조직헌신도 관계에서의 임파워먼트 매개효과", 한국체육학회지, 제48권, 제1호, pp.301-312, 2009.
- 박원우, "한국내 임파워먼트의 사례를 통해본 서구 경영개념의 도입과 확산과정", 경영학연구, 제30권, 제4호, pp.1265-1289, 2001.
- 조선배, 김석영, 정승환, "직무특성이 집단응집력과 직무만족 및 직무몰입에 미치는 영향", 호텔경영학연구, 제18권, 제4호, pp.201-215, 2009.
- 최성우, 이선규, "직무특성과 창의성 및 임파워먼트의 관계분석", 기업교육연구, 제10권, 제2호, pp.21-58, 2008.
- B. L. Kirkman and B. Rosen, "Beyond selfmanagement: Antecedents and Consequences of team empowerment.," Academy of management Journal, Vol.42, pp.58-74, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/256874
- C. H. Schwepker, Jr and D. M. Hartline, "Managing the Ethical Climate of Customer-Contanct Service Emplyees," Journal of services Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp.377-397, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670504273966
- G. M. Spreitzer, "An Empirical Test of a Comprehensive Model of Intrapersonal Empowerment in the Workplace," American Journal of Commanity Psychology, Vol.23, No.5, pp.223-231, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02506937
- J. Conger and R. N. Kanungo, "The empowerment process : Integrating theory and practice," Academy of Management Review, Vol.13, No.3, pp.417-482, 1988.
- J. Finegon, People Power, Inc. 1993(7).
- J. L. Hackman and G. R. Oldham, "Development of the job diagnostic survey," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.60, No.2, pp.159-170, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0076546
- J. L. Hackman and G. R. Oldham, Work redesign, New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing Co, 1980.
- J. L. Hackman and E. E. Lawler, "Employee reactions to job characteristics," Journal of Applied Pxychology, pp.259-286, 1971(6).
- J. P. Meyer, D. J. Stanley, L. Herscovitch, and L. Topolnytsky, "Affective, Continuance, and Normative Commmitment to the Organization: A Meta-analysis of Antecedents, Correlates, and Consequences," Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol.61, No.1, pp.20-52, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.2001.1842
- J. P. Meyer, N. J. Allen, and C. A. Smith, "Commitment to organization and occupations: Extension and test of a three-compoent conceptualization," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.78, No.4, pp.538-551, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.78.4.538
- J. R. McColl-Kennecy and G. D. Anderson, "Suvordinate-manager Gender Combination and Perceived Life style on Emotions, Self-esteem and Organizational Commitment," Journal of Business Research, Vol.58, No.2, pp.115-125, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(03)00112-7
- K. W. Thomas and B. A. Velhtouse, "Cognitive Elements of Empowerment: An 'Interpretive' Model of Intrinsic Task Motive," Academy of Management of Review, Vol.15, No.4, pp.312-332, 1990.
- L. Wu and I. J. Noman, An Investigation of Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Role Conflict and Ambiguity in a Sample of Chinese Undergraduate Nursing Students, Nurse Education Today, in Press, 2005.
- R. W. Renn and R. J. Vanderberg, "The critical psychological states : An underrepresented component in job characteristics model research," Journal of Management, Vol.21, pp.279-303, 1995.
- R. Wendy, J. T. Boswell, and Boudreau, "The relationship between employee job change and job satisfaction: The honeymoon-hangover effect," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.90, pp.882-892, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.90.5.882
- T. A. Potterfield, The Business of Employee Empowerment: Democracy and Ideology in the Workplace, Wetpot, CN: Quorum Books, 1999.
- T. G. Wang, Ta-Chung Ying, J. J. Jing, and G. Klein, "Group Cohesion in Organizational Innovation: An Empirical Examination of ERP I mplementation," Information and Software Technology, Vol.48, No.4, pp.235-244, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2005.04.006