- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Extraction Method of Geometry Information for Effective Analysis in Tongue Diagnosis
설진 유효 분석을 위한 혀의 기하정보 추출 방법
- Received : 2011.11.01
- Accepted : 2011.11.28
- Published : 2011.12.28
In Oriental medicine, the status of a tongue is the important indicator to diagnose the condition of internal organs in a body. A tongue diagnosis is not only convenient but also non-invasive, and therefore widely used in Oriental medicine. But tongue diagnosis has some problems that should be objective and standardized, it also exhaust the diagnosis tool that can help for oriental medicine doctor's decision-making. In this paper, to solve the this problem we propose a method that calculates the tongue geometry information for effective tongue diagnosis analysis. Our method is to extract the tongue region for using improved snake algorithm, and calculates the geometry information by using convex hull and In-painting. In experiment, our method has stable performance as 7.2% by tooth plate and 8.5% by crack in region difference ratio.
Tongue Diagnosis System;Geometry Information;Tongue Extraction;Tooth Plate;Crack
Supported by : 한국한의학연구원, 정보통신산업진흥원
- C. C. Chiu, "A novel approach based on computerized image analysis for traditional Chinese medical diagnosis of the tongue," Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Vol.61, pp.77-89, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-2607(99)00031-0
- W. Li, C. Zhou, and Z. Zhang, "The segmentation of the body of tongue based on the improved snake algorithm in traditional Chinese medicine," in Proc. the 5th world congress on intelligent control and automation, pp.15-19, 2004.
- R. Zabih and V. Kolmogorov, "Spatially coherent clustering using graph cuts," in Proc. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Vol.2, pp.437-444, 2004.
- C. Rother, V. Kolmogorov, and A. Blake, "GrabCut: interactive foreground extraction using iterated graph cuts," ACM Trans. Graphics, Vol.23, No.3, pp.309-314, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/1015706.1015720
- M. Kass, "Andrew Witkin, Demetri Terzopoulos Active Contour Models," International Journal of Computer Vision, Vol.1, pp.321-331, 1988 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00133570
- Eddie Y.-K. NG, Y. Chen, Segmentation of Breast Thermogram: "Improved Boundary Detection with Modified snake Algorithm," Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, Vol.6, No.2, pp.123-136, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1142/S021951940600190X
- D. J. Kang, In So Kweon, "A fast and stable snake algorithm for medical images," Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.20, Issue10, p.1069, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8655(99)00127-0
- S. M. Pizer, R. E. Johnston, J. P. Ericksen, B. C. Yankaskas, and K. E. Muller, "Contrast-limited adaptive histogram equalization: speed and effectiveness," Visualization in Biomedical Computing, pp.337-345, 1990.
- P. S. Heckbert, Graphics Gems IV, Academic Press Professional Inc., pp.474-485, 1994.
- N. Otsu, "A Thresholding Selection Method from Gray-scale Histogram," In IEEE Transactions on System, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.9, No.1, pp.62-66, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.1979.4310076
- D. Williams and M. Shah, "A fast algorithm for active contours and curvature estimation, Computer Vision, Graphics," and Image Processing: Image Understanding, Vol.55, pp.14-25, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/1049-9660(92)90003-L
- T. M. Murphy, M. Math, Leif H. Finkel, "Curvature Covariation as a Factor in Perceptual Salience," International IEEE EMBS CNECI, pp.16-19, 2003.
- Longin Jan Latecki and Rolf Lakamper, "Convexity Rule for Shape Decomposition Based on Discrete Contour Evolution," Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.73, No.3, pp.441-454, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1006/cviu.1998.0738
- M. Elad a, J.-L. Starck b, P. Querreb, and D. L. Donoho, "Simultaneous cartoon and texture image inpainting using morphological component analysis (MCA)," Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal, Vol.19, pp.340-358, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acha.2005.03.005