- Volume 11 Issue 12
In database application developments, data coexists in memory and disk spaces. To manipulate the memory data, the general programing languages are used and to manipulate the disk data, SQL is used. In particular, the procedural languages for the memory manipulation are difficult to create and manage than declarative languages such as SQL. Thus, this paper shows that a particular structure of memory data, tree structured, can be manipulated by SQL. Most of all, the model data of the user interfaces can be represented by a tree structure and thus, it can be processed by SQL except non set computations. The non set computations could be done by helper classes. The SQL memory data manipulation is more suited to the database application developments which have few complex computations.
SQL;Database Application Development;Declarative Language;Procedural Language;User Interface;Model
Supported by : 서울시립대학교
- 나영국, "자동 생성 폼과 SQL을 이용한 ERD 표현", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제5호, pp.63-75, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.5.061
- C. Bauer, Hibernate in Action, Manning Pub, 2007.
- C. Begin, IBatis in Action, Manning Pub, 2007.
- P. L. Zhou and B. Z. Xu, "Visualization of Data Structure on MVC Framework," Tech Report, Monash University.
- B. Johnson and B. Shneideman, "Tree-Maps: A Space-Filling Approach to the Visualization of Hierarchical Information Structures," Visualization '91, Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Visualization, 1991.
- C. Cavaness, Programming Jakarta Struts, O'Reilly, 2005.
- C. Walls and R. Breidenbach, Spring in Action, Manning Pub, 2005.
- S. Sanderson, Pro ASP.NET MVC Framework, APress, 2009.
- B. Tate, Ruby on Rails: Up and Running, O'Reilly, 2006.
- K Haller, "White-box testing for databasedriven applications: a requirement analysis," DB Test Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Testing Database Systems, 2009.
- D. M. Self, M. Carrillo, and M. Del Rocio Boone, "A Database and Web Application Based on MVC Architecture," Electronics, Communications and Computers, pp48-48, 2006.
- Arthur M. Keller, "Algorithms for Translating View Updates to Database Updates for View Involving Selection, Projections, and Joins," Proceedings of the fourth ACM SIGACTSIGMOD symposium on Principles of database systems, 1985.
- E. J. O'Neil, "Object/relational mapping 2008: hibernate and the entity data model (edm)," SIGMOD 2008.
- C. Ireland, D. Bower, M. Newton, K. Waugh, "A Classfication of Object-Relational Impendence Mismatch," First International Conference on Advances in Databases, Knowledge, and Data Applications, 2009.
- J. S. Gero and M. Balachandran, "A Comparison of Procedural and Declarative Programming Languages for the Computation of Pareto Optimal Solutions," Engineering Optimization, Vol.9, pp.131-142, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1080/03052158508902509