- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Usefulness of Abdominal Fat Measured by Computed Tomography and Bioelectric Impedance Analysis as an Obesity Index
컴퓨터단층촬영과 생체전기 저항 분석법으로 측정된 복부지방의 비만지표로서의 유용성
- Received : 2011.08.23
- Accepted : 2011.09.19
- Published : 2011.12.28
For obesity management requires accurate measurement of abdominal fat. The purpose of this study was to find out the correlation between abdominal fat and lipid measured with BIA and CT. Secondly, This study investigate for usefulness of abdominal fat measured by BIA and CT as an obesity index. As a result, TG showed higher value in the overweight obese group than normal group but HDL showed lower value in the overweight obese group than normal group. TG and HDL appeared significantly relationship with by BIA and CT in the normal group. However, in the overweight obese group TG showed significantly relationship with the BIA. According to multiple regression analysis on BMF and TAF was affected by HDL in the normal group. And BMF, %BF was affected by TG in overweight obese group. In conclusion, abdominal fat showed significant correlation with lipid. Abdominal fat measured by BIA and CT to assess obesity index is considered as a useful way to evaluate.
- Y. H. Jung, M. K. Seo, and J. T. Lee, "Analysis of Health Determinants of Korean," Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Management Center for Healthe Promotion, 2007.
- Ministry of Health, Welfare and Family, 2007 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, Seoul: Ministry of Health, Welfare and Family, 2009.
- J. Q. Purnell, S. E. Kahn, and J. J. Alners, "Effect of Weight Loss with Reduction of Intraabdominal Fat on Lipid Metabolism in Older Men," J Clin Endocrinol Metab., Vol.85, pp.977-982, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.85.3.977
- R. Leenen, K. van der Kooy, and A. Droop, "Viscrral Fat Loss Measured by Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Relation to Changes Serum Lipid Level of Obese Men and Women," Arterioscler Thromb, Vol.13, pp.487-494, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.ATV.13.4.487
- N. Mitsiopoulos, R. N. Baumgartner, and S. B. Heymsfield, "Cadaver Validation of Skeletal Muscle Measurement by Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computerized Tomogrphy, J Appl Physiol, Vol.85, pp.115-122, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.19220.127.116.11
- Y. J. Jung, Y. J. Park, and K. C. Cha, "Accuracy of Waist Circumference and Waist-Hip Ratio Measured by Inbody," J Korean Soc Study Obes, Vol.11, pp.115-122, 2002.
- S. H. Han, S. Y. Lee, and K. N. Kim, "Comparison between Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry(DEXA) and Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis(BIA) in Measurement of Lean Body Mass and Fat Mass in Obeses Adults-based Bland-Altman Plot Analysis," Korean J Obes, Vol.15, pp.213-218, 2006.
- 남상명, 하은희, 서영주, "40세 이상 성인에서 비만지표가 혈중지질수준과 고지혈증 발생에 미치는 영향", 대한비만학회지, 제17권, 제1호, pp.20-28, 2008.
- P. M. McKeigue, B. Shah, and M. G. Marmot, "Relation of Central Obesity and Insulin Resistance with High Diabetes Prevalence and Cardiovascular Risk in South Asians," Lancet, Vol.337, pp.382-386, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0140-6736(91)91164-P
- M. Rebuffe-Scrive, B. Anderson, and L. Olbe, "Metabolism of Adipose Tissue in Intra Abdominal Depots of non Obese Men and Women," Metabolism, Vol.38, No.5, pp.453-458, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0026-0495(89)90198-4
- P. Bjorntorp, "Portal Adipose Tissue as a generator of Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes," Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol., Vol.10, pp.493-496, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.ATV.10.4.493
- Y. K. Suh, H. S. Kim, and J. S. Kim, "Plasma LDL Particle Size Affect the Blood Lipid Profile and Dietary Intakes among Korean Adults," Korean J Community Nutr, Vol.9, No.1, pp.58-65, 2004.
- 한지헤, "혈관질환 위험요인의 설명변수: 체지방률과 체질량지수의 비교, 대한비만학회지", 제12권, 제2호, pp.154-161, 2003.
- A. M. Shearman, J. M. Ordovas, and L. A. Cupples, "Evidence for a Gene Influencing the TG/HDL-C Ratio on Chromosome 7q32.3-qter: A Genome-wide Scan in the Framingham Study" Human Molecular Genetics, Vol.9, No.9, pp.1315-1320, 2001.
- C. M. Ballantyne, A. G. Olsson, and T. J. Cook, "Influence of Low High-density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Elevated Triglyceride on Coronary Heart Disease Events and Response to Simvastatin Therapy in 4S," Circulation, Vol.104, No.25, pp.3046-3051, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1161/hc5001.100624
- H. S. Jeon, J. H, Kang, and S. K. Kim, "The Accuracy of the Assessment of Visceral Obesity by Inbody 4.0 and Waist Circumference," J Korean Acad Fam Med, Vol.27, No.11, pp.904-910, 2006.
- 이경식, 황인철, 김승수, "비만 인식 및 이에 관련 인자, 대한비만학회지", 제18권, 제3호, pp.116-122, 2009.
- Effect of Combined Exercise Order for 12 Weeks of Obese College Females on the Composition of Abdominal Fat and Blood Lipid Profiles vol.14, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.05.235