- Volume 40 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Increased Quality Characteristics and Physiological Effects of Chunggukjang Fermented with Bacillus subtilis-SKm
Bacillus subtilis-SKm를 스타터로 이용하여 제조한 청국장의 품질 및 기능성 증진 효과
- Zheng, Yanfei (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Pusan National University) ;
- Jeong, Ji-Kang (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Pusan National University) ;
- Choi, Hye-Sun (National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Park, Kun-Young (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2011.10.28
- Accepted : 2011.12.07
- Published : 2011.12.31
The quality characteristics and physiological effects of chunggukjang fermented naturally (NF-c), with Bacillus subtilis-SKm (BS-c), with Bacillus subtilis HJ18-4 (BH-c), and with Bacillus subtilis KCCM 42923 (BK-c) were investigated. The characteristics of fermentation were determined by protease,
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Choe JS, Kim JS, Yoo SM, Park HJ, Kim TY, Chang CM, Shin SY. 1996. Survey on preparation method and consumer response of chungkukjang. Korean Soybean Digest 13: 29-43.
- Lee YL, Kim SH, Choung NH, Yim MH. 1992. A study on the production of viscous substance during the Chungkookjang fermentation. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 35: 202-209.
- Cho YJ, Cha WS, Bok SK, Kim MU, Chun SS, Choi UK. 2000. Production and separation of anti-hypertensive peptide during cheonggukjang fermentation with Bacillus subtilis CH-1023. Appl Biol Chem 43: 247-252.
- Iwai K, Nakaya N, Kawasaki Y, Matsue H. 2002. Antioxidative functions of natto, a kind of fermented soybeans: effect on LDL oxidation and lipid metabolism in cholesterol fed rats. J Agric Food Chem 50: 3597-3601. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0117199
- Seo HR, Kim JY, Kim JH, Park KY. 2009. Identification of Bacillus cereus in a chungkukjang that showed high anticancer effects against AGS human gastric adenocarcinoma cells. J Med Food 12: 1274-1280. https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2009.0081
- Kim SS, Lee JH, Ahn YS, Kim JH, Kang DK. 2003. A fibrinolytic enzyme from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens D4-7 isolated from chunggukjang: its characterization and influence of additives on thermostability. Korean J Microbiol Biotechnol 31: 271-276.
- Joo HK. 1971. Studies on the manufacturing of Chungkukjang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 3: 64-67.
- Hwang HA, Lee NK, Cho IJ, Hahm YT, Kwon KO, Kim BY. 2008. Selection of microorganism and optimization of manufacture process for cheonggukjang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 406-411.
- Lee BY, Lim DH, Kim KH. 1991. Physico-chemical properties of viscous substance extracted from Cheonggukjang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 25: 64-67.
- Lee SH, Baek LM, Park LY. 2008. Physiological of Bacillus spp. isolated from rice straw as cheonggukjang starter. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 562-567.
- Lee HJ, Suh JS. 1981. Effects of Bacillus strains on the chungkook-jang processing (1). changes of the components and enzyme activities during chungkookjang-koji preparation. Korean J Nutr 14: 97-104.
- Im CM, Kwon SH, Bae MS, Jung KO, Moon SH, Park KY. 2006. Characteristics and increased antimutagenic effect of black soybean (var. Seoritae) chungkukjang. Cancer Prev Res 11: 218-224.
- AOAC. 1990. Official method of analysis. Association of Official Analytical Chemistry, Washington, DC, USA. p 79.
- Park SK, Seo KI, Shon MY, Moon JS, Lee YH. 2000. Quality characteristics of home-made doenjang, a traditional Korean soybean paste. Korea J Soc Food Cookery Sci 16: 121-218.
- Shin DH, Kim DH, Choi U, Lim MS, An EY. 1998. Changes in microflora and enzymes activities of traditional Kochujang prepared with various raw materials. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 901-906.
- Chae SK, Kang KS, Lew ID, Ma SJ, Bang KY, Oh MH, Oh SH. 2004. Food Analysis. Jigu Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea. p 675.
- Kim YA. 1995. Effective components on the sensory characteristics of commercial soy-sauce and ordinary Korean soy-sauce. The Research Reports of Miwon Research Institute of Korean Food & Dietary Culture 6: 245-270.
- Blois MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Skehan P, Storeng R, Monks SA, McMahon J, Vistica D, Warren JT, Bokesch H, Kenny S, Boyd MR. 1990. New colorimetric cytotoxicity assay for anticancer drug screening. J Natl Cancer Inst 82: 1107-1112. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/82.13.1107
- Suh JS, Ryu MK, Hur YH. 1983. Effect of Bacillus stains on the chungkookjang processing. III. Changes of the free amino acid contents and nitrogen compounds during chungkukjang koji preparation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 15: 385-391.
- Lee KH, Lee HJ, Chung MK. 1971. Studies on chungkookjang (Part 1). On the changes of soybean protein in manufacturing chungkookjang. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 14: 191-200.
- Park JS, Lee MY, Lee TS. 1995. Compositions of sugars and fatty acids in soybean paste (Doenjang) prepared with different microbial sources. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 24: 917-924.
- Jeong EJ, Kim JY, Moon SH, Park KY. 2010. Characteristics, antioxidative activities and growth inhibitory effects in AGS human gastric adenocarcinoma cells of soymilk fermented by Bacillus subtilis KC-3 during fermentation. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 39: 1113-1118. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.8.1113
- Ryu KJ, Zhao X, Bak SS, Kim BK, Jeon JT, Park KY. 2008. In vitro anticancer effect of chungkukjangs from folk villages of Sunchang region in HT-29 human colon cancer cells. Cancer Prev Res 13: 62-67.
- Optimization of the Addition of Garlic in Cheonggukjang using Response Surface Methodology vol.29, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2013.29.6.661
- The potentials of Bacillus licheniformis strains for inhibition of B. cereus growth and reduction of biogenic amines in cheonggukjang (Korean fermented unsalted soybean paste) vol.79, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2017.03.028
- Quality Characteristics of Fermented Soybean Products by Bacillus sp. Isolated from Traditional Soybean Paste vol.43, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.5.756
- Changes in isoflavone content and quality characteristics of Cheonggukjang prepared with Bacillus subtilis HJ18-3 and KACC 15935 vol.21, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.1.121
- Bioactive compounds of Cheonggukjang prepared by different soybean cultivars with Bacillus subtilis HJ18-9 vol.22, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2015.22.4.535