- Volume 55 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Development of Teaching Strategy for the Enhancement of the Creative Problem Solving Thinking Skills and the Effects of Its Applications in Middle School(III)
창의적 문제 해결력 신장을 위한 중학교 과학 수업 전략의 개발 및 적용 효과(제III보)
- Received : 2011.08.31
- Accepted : 2011.11.03
- Published : 2011.12.20
The purpose of this study was to develop teaching materials using Pyramid model of divergent thinking, Inverse pyramid model of convergent thinking and Diamond model of divergent-convergent thinking. And the teaching materials was implemented to 120 students in middle school over 10 weeks. Results indicated that the experimental group presented statistically meaningful improvement in creative thinking skills, especially in fluency and flexibility(p<.05). Also the teaching materials contributed to improve critical thinking skills, especially in inquiry process of recognizing problems, making conclusion and generalization(p<.05). Moreover, academic achievement was improved(p<.05). But, there was no significant improvement in creative personality(p<.05).
Creative problem solving skills;Creative thinking skills;Critical thinking skills;Creative personality;Academic achievement
- Ministry of Education Science and Technology Basic plan of creativity and character education. 2010. Jan.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Basic plan of creativity and character education. 2010. May.
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development Science Curriculum; Daehan Textbook Publishing: Seoul, Korea, 2007.
- Ministry of Education Science and Technology Science Curriculum; Daehan Textbook Publishing: Seoul, Korea, 2009.
- Osborn, A. F. Applied imagination: principles and procedures of creative problem- solving; Charles Scribner's: NY, U.S.A., 1953.
- Osborn, A. F. Applied imagination: principles and procedures of creative problem- solving; Charles Scribner's: NY, U.S.A., 1963.
- Isaksen, S. G., & Treffinger, D. J. Creative problem solving: The basic course; Bearly Ltd: Buffaol, NY, U.S.A., 1985.
- Lee, J. Y.; Ho, S. R.; Jun, J. H.; Gu, Y. M.; Jin, S. U. A study on the development of on and offline integrated creative thinker program in social studies for 5th graders(Report No. KR 2005-33); Korea education & research information service: Seoul, Korea, 2005.
- Kang, S. H. Assessment Instruments and Criteria of Creative Problem Solving Thinking Skills in Science Education; Ewha Womans University: Seoul, Korea, 2010.
- Lawson, A. E. Science teaching and the development of thinking; Wadsworth Publishing Company: Belmont, CA, U.S.A., 1995.
- Kim, K. J.; Kim, A. Y.; Cho, S. H. The Journal of Curriculum Studies 1997, 15(2), 129.
- Cho, Y. S.; Choi, K. H. J. Korea Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2000, 20(2), 329.
- Choi, B. Y.; Park, M. H. The Korea Journal of Education Methodology Studies 2004, 16(2), 29.
- Lubart, T. I. Creativity; In R. J. Sternberg Eds.; Academic Press: NY, U.S.A., 1994; p 89.
- Kim, M. H.; Kwak, H. S. The Journal of Curriculum Studies 2005, 23(3), 101.
- Seo, H. A. Jour. Sci. Edu. 2003, 26, 113.
- Sternberg, R. J.; Davidson, J. E. The nature of insight Ed.; A Bradford Book The MIT Press Cambridge: Massachusetts London, UK, 1995.
- Guilford, J. P. The nature of human intelligence; McGraw-Hill: NY, U.S.A., 1967.
- Runco, M. A. Divergent thinking; In M. A. Runco, S. R. Pritzker Eds.; Academic Press: San Diego, CA, U.S.A., 1999; p 577.
- Kim, Y. C. Creative Problem Solving: A Coach Guide for Teaching of Creativity; kyoyookkwahaksa: Seoul, Korea, 2004.
- Ennis, R. H. Harvard Educational Review 1962, 32(1), 81.
- Lipman, M. Educational Leadership 1988, 46(1), 38.
- Greene, D. B. Journal of General Education 2003, 52(4), 304. https://doi.org/10.1353/jge.2004.0013
- Kim, H. J.; Park, E. J. Logic for critical thinking; Acanet: Seoul, Korea, 2004.
- Paul, R. & Elder, L. Critical thinking: Learn the tools the best thinkers use, Concise Ed.; Pearson Prentice Hall: New Jersey, U.S.A., 2006.
- Nosich, G. M. Learning to think things through: A guide to critical thinking across the curriculum, 3rd ed.; Pearson Prentice Hall: New Jersey, U.S.A., 2009.
- Han, S. K. Critical thinking & logic; Seokwangsa: Seoul, Korea, 2007.
- Nikerson, D. N. Teaching thinking skills: theory and practice. In Knowledge as design: teaching thinking through content; In J. B. Baron, R. J. Sternberg, Eds.; W.H. Freeman and Co.: NY, U.S.A., 1987.
- Lubart, T. I.; Sternberg, R. J. The creative cognition approach. In An investment approach to creativity: Theory and data; S. M. Smith, T. B. Ward, R. A. Finke, Eds.; MIT Press: Cambridge, MA, 1995.
- Ha, J. H. Journal of Education Psychology 2000, 14(2), 187.
- Kim, H. N.; Chung, W. H.; Jeong, J. W. J. Korea Assoc. Sci. Edu. 1998, 18(3), 357.
- Cangelosi, J. S. Designing tests for evaluating student achievement; Longman: NY, U.S.A., 1990.
- Ebel, R. L. Measuring Educational Achievement; Prentice-Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1965.
- Bang, D.; Park, J. E.; Song, J. Y. Journal of the Korean Chemical Society 2011, 55(2), 290. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2011.55.2.290
- Getzels, J. W., & Jackson, P. W. Creativity and Intelligence: Exploration with gifted students; Wiley: NY, U.S.A., 1962.
- Yang, S. K.; Kim, H. C. Journal of Gifted/Talented Education 2007, 17(3), 541.
- Hur, C. H.; Yee, Y. H. Journal of Gifted/Talented Education 2008, 18(2), 343
- Park, I. S. Kang, S. H. J. Korea Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2011, 31(2), 314.
- Kang, S. H.; Woo, A. J. General Chemistry Inquiry Experiment; Book's-Hill Publisher Co: Seoul, Korea, 2008.
- Lee, Y. H.; Kang, S. H. J. Korea Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2011, 31(1), 32.
- Bruner, J. Beyond the information given: Studies in the psychology of knowing. In The conditions of creativity; J. Bruner, Eds.; W. W. Norton & Co.: NY, U.S.A., 1973.
- Lubart, R. International Journal of Psychology 1990, 25, 39. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207599008246813
- Sternberg R. J.; Lubart, T. I. American Psychologist 1996, 51(7), 677. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.51.7.677
- Park, J. W. J. Korea Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2004, 24(2), 375.
- Feldhusen, J. F.; Clinkenbeard, P. R. Journal of Creative Behavior 1986, 20, 153. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2162-6057.1986.tb00435.x
- Torrance, E. P. The Nature of creativity as manifest in its testing. the nature of creativity: contemporary psychological perspectives; Cambridge University Press: NY, U.S.A., 1988.
- Hunt, M. The Universe Within- A New Science Explores the Human Mind; Simon & Schuster Inc.: NY, U.S.A., 1982.
- The Development of Inquiry Teaching Strategy for the Enhancement of Divergent and Convergent Thinking Skills and the Effects of Its Applications vol.59, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2015.59.1.54
- The Enhancement of Creative Thinking Skill through the Writing Activity about the Basic Inquiry and the Integrated Inquiry Elements vol.57, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2013.57.6.845
- The Effect of Inquiry Instruction Strategy Enhancing the Activity of Making Variables to Improve on Students' Creative Problem Solving Skills vol.58, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2014.58.5.478
Supported by : 한국연구재단