- Volume 12 Issue 3
In this paper, integrated missile guidance and control systems using time-delay control (TDC) are developed. The next generation missile requires that an interceptor hits the target, maneuvering with small miss-distances, and has lower weight to reduce costs. This is possible if the synergism existing between the guidance and control subsystems is exploited by the integrated controller. The TDC law is a robust control technique for nonlinear systems, and it has a very simple structure. The feature of TDC is to directly estimate the unknown dynamics and the unexpected disturbance using one-step time-delay. To investigate the performance of the integrated controller, numerical simulations are performed as the maneuver of the target. The results show that the integrated guidance and control system has a good performance.
Time-delay control;Autopilot;Guidance law;Integrated guidance and control;Zero-effort miss
- Chang, P. H. and Lee, J. W. (1994). An observer design for time-delay control and its application to DC servo motor. Control Engineering Practice, 2, 263-270. https://doi.org/10.1016/0967-0661(94)90206-2
- Hsia, T. C. and Gao, L. S. (1990). Robot manipulator control using decentralized linear time-invariant time-delayed joint controllers. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Cincinnati, OH. pp. 2070-2075.
- Koren, A., Idan, M., and Golan, O. M. (2008). Integrated sliding mode guidance and control for a missile with on-off actuators. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 31, 204-214. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.31328
- Menon, P. K. and Ohlmeyer, E. J. (2001). Nonlinear integrated guidance-control laws for homing missiles. AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Montreal, Canada.
- Prasanth Kumar, R., Dasgupta, A., and Kumar, C. S. (2007). Robust trajectory control of underwater vehicles using time delay control law. Ocean Engineering, 34, 842-849. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2006.04.003
- Shima, T., Idan, M., and Golan, O. M. (2006). Sliding-mode control for integrated missile autopilot guidance. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 29, 250-260. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.14951
- Shtessel, Y. B. and Tournes, C. H. (2009). Integrated higher-order sliding mode guidance and autopilot for dual-control missiles. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 32, 79-94. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.36961
- Vaddi, S. S., Menon, P. K., and Ohlmeyer, E. J. (2009). Numerical state-dependent riccati equation approach for missile integrated guidance control. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 32, 699-703. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.34291
- Zarchan, P. (1997). Tactical and Atrategic Missile Guidance. Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics Vol. 176. 3rd ed. Reston: American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Single Versus Two-Loop Full-State Multi-Input Missile Guidance vol.38, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.2514/1.G000171
- Single Versus Two-Loop Full-State Guidance and Control vol.40, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.2514/1.G002722
- Linear Quadratic Integrated Versus Separated Autopilot-Guidance Design vol.36, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.2514/1.61363
- Continuous-Time Predictive Control-Based Integrated Guidance and Control vol.40, pp.7, 2017, https://doi.org/10.2514/1.G002661
- Full-State Autopilot-Guidance Design Under a Linear Quadratic Differential Game Formulation vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3182/20140824-6-ZA-1003.01240
- Adaptive Integrated Guidance and Control Design for a Missile With Input Constraints vol.46, pp.20, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3182/20130902-3-CN-3020.00114
- Integrated versus two-loop guidance-autopilot for a dual control missile with high-order aerodynamic model vol.230, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954410015586862
- Improved line of sight robot tracking toward a moving target vol.6, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/21642583.2018.1547886