- Volume 12 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Korean Wide Area Differential Global Positioning System Development Status and Preliminary Test Results
- Yun, Ho (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and the Institute of Advanced Aerospace Technology, Seoul National University) ;
- Kee, Chang-Don (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and the Institute of Advanced Aerospace Technology, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Do-Yoon (Defense Acquisition Program Administration)
- Received : 2011.06.27
- Accepted : 2011.09.14
- Published : 2011.09.30
This paper is focused on dynamic modeling and control system design as well as vision based collision avoidance for multi-rotor unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Multi-rotor UAVs are defined as rotary-winged UAVs with multiple rotors. These multi-rotor UAVs can be utilized in various military situations such as surveillance and reconnaissance. They can also be used for obtaining visual information from steep terrains or disaster sites. In this paper, a quad-rotor model is introduced as well as its control system, which is designed based on a proportional-integral-derivative controller and vision-based collision avoidance control system. Additionally, in order for a UAV to navigate safely in areas such as buildings and offices with a number of obstacles, there must be a collision avoidance algorithm installed in the UAV's hardware, which should include the detection of obstacles, avoidance maneuvering, etc. In this paper, the optical flow method, one of the vision-based collision avoidance techniques, is introduced, and multi-rotor UAV's collision avoidance simulations are described in various virtual environments in order to demonstrate its avoidance performance.
Grant : Development of Wide Area DGNSS
Supported by : SNU
- Chao, Y. C. (1997). Real Time Implementation of the Wide Area Augmentation System for the Global Positioning System with an Emphasis on Ionospheric Modeling. PhD Thesis, Stanford University.
- Chen, R., Hyttinen, A., Chen, Y., Strom, M., Laitinen, H., Tossaint, M., and Martin, S. (2007). Development of the EGNOS pseudolite system. Journal of Global Positioning Systems, 6, 119-125. https://doi.org/10.5081/jgps.6.2.119
- Kim, D. Y. and Kee, C. D. (2003). Development & performance analysis of Korean WADGPS positioning algorithm. Wuhan University Journal of Natural Sciences, 8, 575-580. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02899821
- Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics. (2006). Minimum Operational Performance Standards for Global Positioning System/Wide Area Augmentation System Airborne Equipment. Washington, DC: Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics.
- Tsai, Y. J. (1999). Wide Area Differential Operation of the Global Positioning System: Ephemeris and Clock Algorithms. PhD Thesis, Stanford University.
- Walter, T., Hansen, A., and Enge, P. (2001). Message Type 28. Proceedings of the 2001 National Technical Meeting of The Institute of Navigation, Long Beach, CA. pp. 522-532.
- Performance Analysis of WADGPS System for Improving Positioning Accuracy vol.5, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11003/JPNT.2016.5.1.021
- Spatial Decorrelation of SBAS Satellite Error Corrections in the Korean Peninsular vol.17, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2016.17.1.73
- Test Results of WADGPS System using Satellite-based Ionospheric Delay Model for Improving Positioning Accuracy vol.5, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11003/JPNT.2016.5.4.213