- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Variation in the Surface Morphology of Aluminum Alloy by Repetitive Pulsed-laser Irradiation
반복적인 펄스레이저 조사에 의한 알루미늄 합금의 표면상태 변화분석
- Choi, Sung-Ho (Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Chung-Seok (Hanyang University) ;
- Jhang, Kyung-Young (Hanyang University) ;
- Shin, Wan-Soon (ADD)
- Received : 2011.05.06
- Accepted : 2011.07.22
- Published : 2011.10.05
The objective of this study is to investigate the thermal behavior on material surface and the variation in the surface morphology of aluminum 6061 alloy by the Nd:YAG pulsed-laser irradiation. First, we predicted the surface temperature variation during pulsed-laser irradiation by using the two dimensional finite element analysis. When the pulsed-laser of 133 mJ energy and 5 ns pulse duration is irradiated on the surface of aluminum alloy, the material surface is thought to be melting because the surface temperature rises steadily up to about
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- Cho, S. H., Park, J. K., Kim, J. G., Chang, W. S., Choi, D. S. and Whang, K. H., "Ultra-precision Machining using a Femtosecond Laser", J. of KSPE, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 17-23, 2010.
- Chang, C. C., Chou, C. P., Hsu, S. N., Hsiung, G. Y. and Chen, J. R., "Effect of Laser Welding on Properties of Dissimilar Joint of Al-Mg-Si and Al-Mn Aluminum Alloys", J. Mater. Sci. Technol., Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 276-282, 2010.
- Bonelli, M., Miotello, A. and Mosaner, P., "Morphological Changes Induced on Aluminum Surfaces by Excimer Laser Irradiation", App. Surf. Sci., Vol. 186, pp. 211-215, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-4332(01)00764-4
- Lim, H. T., Lee, M. H., Kim, P. K., Park, J. B. and Jeong, S. H., "Enhancement of Surface Hardness of Stainless Steel by Laser Peening", J. of KSLP, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 18-22, 2009.
- Tyler, L. P., Dirk, W., Xiaochun, L., Frank, E. P. and Neil, A. D., "Pulsed Laser Polishing of Micromilled Ti6Al4V Samples", J. of Manuf. Process., Vol. 11, pp. 74-81, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmapro.2009.10.001
- Bechtel, J. H., "Heating of Slid Targets with Laser Pulses", J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 1585- 1593, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.321760
- Morsy, M. H. and Chung, S. H., "Numerical Simulation of Front Formation in Laser-induced Spark Ignition of CH4/Air Mixtures", Proc. Combust. Inst., Vol. 29, pp. 1613-1619, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1540-7489(02)80198-5
- Kruapech, S. and Widjaja, J., "Laser Range Finder using Gaussian Beam Range Equation", Opt. Laser Technol., Vol. 42, pp. 749-754, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2009.11.020
- Military Handbook MIL-HDBK-5H, "Metallic Materials and Elements for Aerospace Vehicle Structures", US Department of Defense, December 1, 1998.
- Billings, B. H., American Institute of Physics Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, pp. 6.118-6.156, 1972.
- Kaibyshev, R., Musin, F., Gromov, D., Nieh, T. G. and Lesuer, D. R., "Effect of Liquid Phase on Superplastic Behavior of a Modified 6061 Aluminum Alloy", Scripta Mater., Vol. 47, pp. 569-575, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1359-6462(02)00169-0
- Mannion, P. T., Magee, J., Coyne, E., O'Connor, G. M. and Glynn, T. J., "The Effect of Damage Accumulation Behaviour on Ablation Thresholds and Damage Morphology in Ultrafast Laser Micromachining of Common Metals in Air", App. Surf. Sci., Vol. 233, pp. 275-287, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2004.03.229
- Simulations for Internal Defect Inspection Using Laser Generated Ultrasonic Wave in Ablation Regime vol.34, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7779/JKSNT.2014.34.3.226