- Volume 39 Issue 1
Wine Making using Campbell Early Grape with Different Yeasts
효모의 종류를 달리한 캠벨 얼리 포도 발효주의 제조
- Kim, Kyeong-Hwan (Department of Food Science, College of Food Science, YeungNam University) ;
- Han, Gi-Dong (Department of Food Science, College of Food Science, YeungNam University)
- Received : 2011.01.14
- Accepted : 2011.02.17
- Published : 2011.03.28
Physicochemical and organoleptic characteristics of Campbell Early red wines made by traditional method were investigated. The pH values of all Campbell Early red wines were ranged 3.0~3.3 during fermentation. The acidity value of Campbell Early red wine made by traditional method was 0.4~0.9%. Sucrose and alcohol contents were 6~7 Brix and 13.2~14.4% at the end of fermentation, respectively. Campbell Early red wine had the high sensory scores for color, aroma, taste, sharpness, after taste, and overall balance. Because Campbell Early red grapes are well fermented due to the rich fermentative sugar content, Campbell Early red wines made by adding EC-1118 yeast were shown to be the most appropriate.
- AOAC, Official Methods of Analysis, 2000, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, p. 942, 17th ed. Washington DC., U.S.A.
- Byun, S. S. 1980, A comparative study on the manufacturing processes of red wine. Kor. J. Nutr. 13: 139-144.
- Graham, H. F. 1994, Wine Microbiology and Biotechnology, pp. 165-196, Department of Food Science and Technology, The university of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
- Han, E. H., T. S. Lee, B. S. Noh, and D. S. Lee. 1997. Quality characteristics in mash of takju prepared by using different nuruk during fermentation, Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 29: 555-562.
- Kim, J. S., S. H. Kim, J. S. Han, B. T. Yoon, and C. Yook. 1999. Effects of sugar and yeast addition on red wine fermentation using campbell early. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 31: 516-521.
- Lee, J. E., Y. S. Shin, J. K. Shim, S. S. Kim, and K. H. Koh. 2002. Study on the color characteristics of korean red wine, Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 34: 164-169.
- Lee, S. O. and M. Y. Park. 1980. Immobilization of leuconostoc oenos cells for wine deacidification. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 12: 299-304.
- Lee, S. Y., H. A. Kang, Y. I. Chang, and K. S. Chang. 1999. The changes of physicochemical composition of wine by reverse osmosis system, Food Eng. Prog. 3: 1-7.
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisherues. 2007. Current states of fruits processing, pp. 7-8.
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisherues, 2008, Current states of fruits processing, pp. 7-8.
- Mirabel, M., C. Saucier, C. Guerra, and Y. Glories. 1999. Copigmentation in model wine solution: occurrence and relation to wine aging. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 50: 211-218.
- No, W. S. and S. H. Lee. 2004. Zymurgy, pp. 114-117, Baek-san Publishing Co., Seoul.
- Park, Y. H. 1975. Studies on the grape variety and the selection of yeast strain for wine - making in Korea. J. Kor. Agr. Chem. Soc. 18: 219-227.
- Park, W. M., H. G. Park, S. J. Rhee, K. I. Kang, C. H. Lee, and K. E. Yoon. 2004. Properties of wine from domestic grape, vitis labrusca cultivar campbell's early, fermented by carbonic maceration vinification process. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 36: 773-778.
- Park, W. M., H. G. Park, S. J. Rhee, C. H. Lee, and K. E. Yoon. 2002. Suitability of domestic grape cultivar campbell's early for production of red wine. Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. 34: 590-596.
- Roh, H. L., E. H. Chang, S. T. Joeng, and K. W. Jahng, 2008. Characteristics of fermentation and wine quality. Kor. J. Food Preserv. 15: 317-324.
- Singleton, V. L. and J. A. Jr. Rossi. 1965. Colorimetry of total phenolics with phosphomolybdic-phosphotungstic acid reagents. Am. J. Enol. Vitic., 16: 144-158.
- So, M. H., Y. S. Lee, and W. S. Noh. 1999. Change in microorganisms and main components during takju brewing by modified nuruk. Kor. J. Food Nutr. 12: 226-232.
- Yoo, J. Y., H. M. Seog, D. H. Shin, and B. Y. Min. 1984. Enological characteristics of korean grapes and quality evaluation of their wine. Kor. J. Appl. Microlobiol. Bioeng. 12: 185-190.