- Volume 25 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Numerical Study for Development of Submerged Seawater Lift Pump
심정용 해수펌프 개발을 위한 수치해석 연구
- Received : 2011.08.04
- Accepted : 2011.10.17
- Published : 2011.10.31
Seawater lift pump systems are responsible for maintaining open canal levels to provide the suction flow of circulating water pumps at the set point. The objective of this paper is to design a 2-stage mixed flow pump (for seawater lifting), investigate the new impeller modeling method, and performance improvements of the impeller by using a commercial CFD code. The rotating speed of the impeller is 1,750 rpm with a flow rate of 2,700 m3/h. A finite volume method with a structured mesh and realized k-
Seawater lift pump;Mixed flow pump;Floating production storage and offloading;Total head
- Asuaje, M., Bakir, F., Kouidri, S. and Rey, R. (2004). "Inverse Design Method for Centrifugal Impellers and Comparison with Numerical Simulation Tool", International Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics, Vol 18, No 2, pp 101-107. https://doi.org/10.1080/10618560310001634249
- Choi, Y.D., Kurokawa, J. and Lee, Y.H. (2007). "Performance Improvement of a Centrifugal Pump by Semi-closed Impeller and J-Groove", Proceeding of the Fluid Machinery, pp 293-296.
- Baun, D.O. and Flake, R.D. (2003). "Effects of Volute Design and Number of Impeller Blades on Lateral Impeller Forces and Hydraulic Performance", International Journal of Rotating Machinery, Vol 9, No 2, pp 145-152. https://doi.org/10.1155/S1023621X03000137
- Ha, P.S., Oh, S.Y., Chung, J.H., Noh, H.W. and Suh, S.H. (2010). "Performance Improvement of Francis with Low Efficiency by Inverse Design and CFD", Spring Proceeding of the KSME Fluid Engineering Section, pp 106-111.
- Kim, S., Choi, Y.S. and Lee, K.Y. (2009). "Blade Shape Design of Mixed-flow Pump Impellers and Diffusers In a Fixed Meridional Goemetry", Summer Proceeding of the SAREK, pp 1203-1208.
- Lee, K.Y., Choi, Y.S. and Kim, J.H. (2008). "Design of Impeller and Diffuser for Mixed Flow Pump with Inverse Design Method", Summer Proceeding of the SAREK, pp. 1322-1325.
- Manivannan, A. (2010). "Computational fluid dynamics analysis of a mixed flow pump impeller", International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology, Vol 2, No 6, pp 200-206.
- Oh, J.S. and Kim, D.S. (2001). "Impeller Redesign of Multi-stage Centrifugal Pumps", Proceeding of the Fluid Machinery, pp 177-184.
Grant : 심정용 해수 펌프 개발
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원