- Volume 25 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Correlation Study on Course Keeping Stability of Barges according to Variations in Dimensions and Hull Coefficient
바지선 제원 및 선형계수에 따른 침로 안정성 연관연구
Chun, Jang-Ho;Kim, Moon-Chan;Chun, Ho-Hwan;Do, In-Rok;Koo, Ja-Kyun
- Received : 2011.05.27
- Accepted : 2011.10.17
- Published : 2011.10.31
Recently, a ship-shaped barge has been developed to improve the resistance performance, as well as course-keeping capability. However, the stern of the barge is still similar to a box shape, and the vortex generated at the side of the barge creates drag and yaw instability. In order to solve this problem, stern skegs are normally used. The present paper deals with the correlation between the size of the stern skegs and the barge dimensions and hull coefficient. A stern skeg was designed to prevent yaw instability and minimize any additional resistance. The resistance test and course keeping test were performed in the towing tank at Pusan National University. To determine the correlation parameters between the designed stern skeg size and barge dimensions, a parametric study was also performed. Based on the experimental data from five barges, the optimum skeg dimensions were successfully derived. It is expected that the validation of the present study will be carried out by further experiments and computational comparisons in the near future.
Towing tank;Barge;Stern skeg;Course keeping capability;Parametric study
- 이귀주, 이건철, (1997). "도서순회 해상소각 바지선의 적정 스케그 형상 및 크기에 관한 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제11권, 제3호, pp 100-106.
- 이귀주, 권규혁, 이광일 (1999). "해상소각 부선의 부가물 개발을 위한 시험적 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제13권, 제1호, pp 18-22.
- 전호환, 권순홍, 하동대, 하상운, (1997). "재화중량 8,000 톤급 Barge선의 침로안정성에 대한 실험적 연구", 대한조선학회논문집, 제34권, 제4호, pp 1-11.
- Kim, M.C (2003). Course-Keeping Model Test of a 75M Class Flat Barge, ASERC Report, No 2003-01-05.
- Kim, M.C (2005). Course-Keeping Model Test of a 64M Class Flat Barge, ASERC Report, No 2005-20-01.
- Robert L. and Frederick A. (1981). "Recent Developments in Barge Design, Towing, and Pushing", Marine Technology, Vol 18, No 1, pp 10-21.
Supported by : 코맥 디자인 테크 (KOMAC Design Tech Co,. Ltd.)