- Volume 25 Issue 5
Most ships and offshore structures are equipped with a variety of pipes, which inevitably contain curved portions. While it has been a usual practice to conduct bending stress analyses of these curved pipes using the straight-beam theory, this paper adopts two different types of finite elements, straight-beam elements and two-dimensional shell elements, for finite element analyses of a variety of curved pipes. It then compares the analysis results for two different types of elements to determine correction factors, which can be used to transform the bending displacements and bending stresses obtained by straight-beam elements to those obtainable by two-dimensional shell elements. The paper ends with a practical suggestion on how to efficiently use these correction factors to estimate the combined axial and normal stresses in a curved portion of a pipe.
Curved pipe;Bending stress;Bending displacement correction factor;Bending stress correction factor;Finite element analysis;Straight-beam element;2-D shell element
- 박치모, 장대오, 한삼덕 (2007). "대형 선박의 파이프 루프 최적 구조설계", 한국해양공학회지, 제21권, 제5호, pp 47-54.
- 박치모, 양박달치 (2009). "코너부 곡률을 고려한 선박용 파이프루프 설계식 개발", 한국해양공학회지, 제23권, 제4호, pp 91-99.
- 박치모, 배병일 (2010). "선박용 파이프 루프 곡선부의 구조해석에 관한 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제24권, 제5호, pp 88-93.
- 현대중공업 (2007). Arr't of Outfittings on Upper Deck.
- ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) (2008). Rules for Building and Classing Steel Vessels, Part 4, Chapter 6, Section 2, pp 389.
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) (2000). ASME B36. 10M-2000, Welded and Seamless Wrought Steel Pipe.
- JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) (1988). JIS G 3454-1988; Carbon Steel Pipes for Pressure Service.
- Study on Structural Behavior of Pipe Loops Using CAESAR-II vol.27, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.2.013
Supported by : 울산대학교