- Volume 25 Issue 5
In the shipbuilding industry, accuracy management is one of the keys for strengthening competitiveness. However, ship block errors are unavoidable in the block erection stage because of the deformation of the blocks. Currently, accuracy managers decide whether or not block corrections are needed, based on measured and designed point data. They adjust the locations of hull blocks so that the blocks are aligned with other assembly blocks based upon the experience of production engineers. This paper proposes an optimization process that can adjust the locations of ship blocks during the erection stage. A genetic algorithm is used for this optimization scheme. Finally, the feasibility of the proposed method is discussed using several case studies. We found that the proposed method can find the optimized re-alignment of erection blocks, as well as improve the productivity of the erection stage.
Accuracy management;Block positioning;Genetic algorithm;Optimization;Erection block
- Ham, J.H. (2001). "Development of the Design System for the Lifting Lug Structure", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol 38, No 1, pp 86-98.
- Jang, C.D. and Lee, C.H. (2000). "A Study on the Prediction and Control of Welding Deformations of Ship Hull Blocks", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol 37, No 2, pp 127-136.
- Kim, S.I., Kang, J.K. and Han, J.M. (2002). "Prediction and Control of Welding Deformation for Panel Block Structure", Journal of The Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol 20, No 2, pp 21-26.
- Kim, S.I. (2003). "Design for Raising the Rate of Recovering use of Lifting Lug", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol 40, No 4, pp 59-65. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2003.40.4.059
- Kim, S.I. (2008). "Prediction and Control of Welding Deformation for Panel Block Structure", Journal of the Korea Society of Ocean Engineers, Vol 22, No 6, pp 95-99.
- Kim, S.I. (2009). "Control of Welding Distortion for Thin Panel Block Structure Using Plastic Counter-Deformation Method", Journal of the Korea Society of Ocean Engineers, Vol 23, No 2, pp 87-91.
- Kumar, R., Spicknall, M and Hong, T.D. (2005). "Dimensional Management in Shipbuilding: A Case Study From the Northrup Grumman Ship Systems Lightweight Structures Project", Journal of Ship Production, Volume 21, No 4, pp 209-218(10).
- Lee, J.W. and Kim, H.J. (1995). "Erection Process Planning & Scheduling using Genetic Algorithm", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol 32, No 1, pp 9-16.
- Roh, J.G. and Shin, J.G. (1999). "An Assembly Simulation of a Plane Block With Gravity and Welding Deformations", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol 36, No 3, pp 122-133.
- Seong, H.G. (2005). Introduction to Optimum Design, Gold, Seoul Korea.
- Takechi, S. and Aoyama K. and Nomoto, T. (2002). "Studies on the Block Positioning Metrics System for the Hull Erection Stage", Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 158-167. https://doi.org/10.1007/s007730200004
- Yuuzaki, M. and Okumato, Y. (1992). "Approach to New Ship Production System Based on Advanced Accuracy Control", Proceedings of the NSRP Ship Production Symposium, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 부산대학교