- Volume 26 Issue 1
In this paper, a composite iterative process is introduced for a generalized equilibrium problem and a pair of nonexpansive mappings. It is proved that the sequence generated in the purposed composite iterative process converges strongly to a common element of the solution set of a generalized equilibrium problem and of the common xed point of a pair of nonexpansive mappings.
equilibrium problem;nonexpansive mapping;inverse-strongly monotone mapping;contractive mapping
- E. Blum and W. Oettli, From optimization and variational inequalities to equilibrium problems, Math. Student 63 (1994), no. 1-4, 123-145.
- F. E. Browder and W. V. Petryshyn, Construction of fixed points of nonlinear mappings in Hilbert space, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 20 (1967), 197-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-247X(67)90085-6
- L. C. Ceng and J. C. Yao, Hybrid viscosity approximation schemes for equilibrium problems and fixed point problems of infinitely many nonexpansive mappings, Appl. Math. Comput. 198 (2008), no. 2, 729-741. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2007.09.011
- O. Chadli, N. C. Wong and J. C. Yao, Equilibrium problems with applications to eigen-value problems, J. Optim. Theory Appl. 117 (2003), no. 2, 245-266. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1023627606067
- S. S. Chang, H. W. Joseph Lee and C. K. Chan, A new method for solving equilibrium problem fixed point problem and variational inequality problem with application to optimization, Nonlinear Anal. 70 (2009), no. 9, 3307-3319. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.na.2008.04.035
- J. Chen, L. Zhang and T. Fan, Viscosity approximation methods for nonexpansive mappings and monotone mappings, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 334 (2007), no. 2, 1450-1461. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2006.12.088
- V. Colao, G. Marino and H. K. Xu, An iterative method for finding common solutions of equilibrium and fixed point problems, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 344 (2008), no. 1, 340-352. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2008.02.041
- P. L. Combettes and S. A. Hirstoaga, Equilibrium programming in Hilbert spaces, J. Nonlinear Convex Anal. 6 (2005), no. 1, 117-136.
- H. Iiduka and W. Takahashi, Strong convergence theorems for nonexpansive mappings and inverse-strongly monotone mappings, Nonlinear Anal. 61 (2005), no. 3, 341-350. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.na.2003.07.023
- S. M. Kang, S. Y. Cho and Z. Liu, Convergence of iterative sequences for generalized equilibrium problems involving inverse-strongly monotone mappings, J. Inequal. Appl. 2010 (2010), Article ID 827082, 16 pages.
- A. Moudafi and M. Thera, Proximal and dynamical approaches to equilibrium problems, Ill-posed variational problems and regularization techniques (Trier, 1998), 187-201, Lecture Notes in Econom. and Math. Systems, 477, Springer, Berlin, 1999.
- X. Qin, Y. J. Cho and S. M. Kang, Convergence theorems of common elements for equilibrium problems and fixed point problems in Banach spaces, J. Comput. Appl. Math. 225 (2009), no. 1, 20-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cam.2008.06.011
- Z. Opial, Weak convergence of the sequence of successive approximation for nonexpansive mappings, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 73 (1967), 561-597.
- S. Plubtieng and R. Punpaeng, A new iterative method for equilibrium problems and fixed point problems of nonexpansive mappings and monotone mappings, Appl. Math. Comput. 197 (2008), no. 2, 548-558. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2007.07.075
- X. Qin, M. Shang and Y. Su, Strong convergence of a general iterative algorithm for equilibrium problems and variational inequality problems, Math. Comput. Modelling 48 (2008), no. 7-8, 1033-1046. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcm.2007.12.008
- T. Suzuki, Strong convergence of Krasnoselskii and Mann's type sequences for one-parameter nonexpansive semigroups without Bochner integrals, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 305 (2005), no.1, 227-239. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2004.11.017
- S. Takahashi and W. Takahashi, Viscosity approximation methods for equilibrium problems and fixed point problems in Hilbert spaces, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 331 (2007), no. 1, 506-515. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2006.08.036
- S. Takahashi and W. Takahashi, Strong convergence theorem for a generalized equilibrium problem and a non-expansive mapping in a Hilbert space, Nonlinear Anal. 69 (2008), no. 3, 1025-1033. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.na.2008.02.042
- H. K. Xu, Iterative algorithms for nonlinear operators, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 66 (2002), no. 1, 240-256. https://doi.org/10.1112/S0024610702003332
- Existence of solutions for generalized equilibrium problem in G-convex space vol.62, pp.9, 2011, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.camwa.2011.08.055