- Volume 27 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis Method for Non-Linear Finite Strain Consolidation for Soft Dredged Soil Deposit -Part I: Parameter Estimation for Analysis
초연약 준설 매립지반의 비선형 유한변형 압밀해석기법 -Part I: 해석 물성치 평가
- Kwak, Tae-Hoon (DMEC Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Chul-Ho (School of Civil, Environ & Architect. Engrg., Korea Univ.) ;
- Lim, Jee-Hee (School of Civil, Environ & Architect. Engrg., Korea Univ.) ;
- An, Yong-Hoon (Kunhwa Consulting & Engrg. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Choi, Hang-Seok (School of Civil, Environ & Architect. Engrg., Korea Univ.)
- 곽태훈 ((주) 동명기술공단) ;
- 이철호 (고려대학교 건축사회환경공학부) ;
- 임지희 (고려대학교 건축사회환경공학과) ;
- 안용훈 ((주) 건화) ;
- 최항석 (고려대학교 건축사회환경공학부)
- Received : 2011.01.17
- Accepted : 2011.09.15
- Published : 2011.09.30
The renowned Terzaghi's one-dimensional consolidation theory is not applicable to quantification of time-rate settlement for highly deformable soft clays such as dredged soil deposits. To deal with this special condition, a non-linear finite strain consolidation theory should be adopted to predict the settlement of dredged soil deposits including self-weight and surcharge-induced consolidation. It is of importance to determine the zero effective stress void ratio (
Supported by : 고려대학교
- 김수삼 (1983), 한국 서해안(바월지역) 해서토의 침강에 과한 실험적 연구, 중앙대학교 박사학위 논문.
- 유건선, 정인준 (1979), "점성토의 침식 및 퇴적에 관한 실험적 연구", 대한토목학회지, 제27권 5호, pp.55-64.
- 최항석, 최한영, Stark, T.D. (2006), "준설매립지반의 침하거동 예측을 위한 준설토의 역학적 거동 특성", 한국지반공학회, 준설매립위원회 학술발표회, 교총회관, 서울, 8월 25일, pp.75-86.
- 최항석, 옥영석, 이철호, 이종선 (2007), "인천지역 준설토의 압밀 특성 분석과 현장매립 상태 예측방법 연구", 준설매립 기술위원회 학술발표회 논문집, 교총회관, 서울, 8월 24일, pp.95-104.
- 한국지반공학회 (2004), 준설매립, 지반공학 시리즈 10, 구미서관
- Archie, G. E. (1942), "The electrical resistivity log as an aid in determining some reservoir characteristics", Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallugical, and Petroleum Engineers,. 146, pp.54-62.
- Been, K. and Sills, G. C. (1981), "Self-weight Consolidation of Soft Soils : An Experimental and Theoretical Study", Geotechnique, Vol.31, pp.519-535. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19126.96.36.1999
- Bo, M. W. (2002), Deformation of Ultra-Soft Soil, Ph.D. Thesis, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Cargill, K.W. (1982), "Consolidation of Soft Layers by Finite Strain Analysis", Miscellaneous Paper GL-82-3, US Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Vicksburg, MS
- Cargill, K. W. (1983), "Prediction of consolidation of very soft soil", Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol.110, No.6, pp.775-795.
- Cargill, K. W. (1986), "The large strain, controlled rate of strain (LSCRS) device for consolidation testing of soft fine-grained soils", Technical Report GL-86-13, Waterways Experiment Station, Corps of Engineer, Vicksburg, MS.
- Gibson, R. E., England, G. L., and Hussey, M. J. L. (1967), "The Theory of One-Dimensional Consolidation of Saturated Clays I. Finite Non-Linear Consolidation of Thin Homogeneous Layers", Geotechnique, Vol.17, No.3, pp.261-273. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19188.8.131.521
- Imai, G., Tsuruya, K., and Yano, K. (1979), "A treatment of salinity in water content determination of very soft clays", Soil and Foundations. Vol.19, No.3, pp.84-89. https://doi.org/10.3208/sandf1972.19.3_84
- Kynch, C. J. (1952), "A Theory of Sedimentation", Trans. Faraday Soc. Vol.48, pp.166-177. https://doi.org/10.1039/tf9524800166
- Lee, J. S. (2003), High resolution geophysical techniques for smallscale soil model testing, Ph.D. Thesis, Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta.
- Monte, J. L. and Krizek, R. J. (1976), "One-dimensional mathematical model for large-strain consolidation", Getechnique, Vol.26, No.3, pp.495-510. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19184.108.40.2065
- Morris, P. H. (2002), "Analytical solutions of linear finite-strain one -dimensional consolidation", Journal of geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering, ASCE, Vol.128, No.4, pp.319-326. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(2002)128:4(319)
- Stark, T. D., Choi, H., and Schroeder, P. R. (2005a), "Settlement of Dredged and Contaminated Material Placement Areas, I: Theory and Use of Primary Consolidation, Secondary Compression, and Desiccation of Dredged Fill", Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, ASCE, Vol.131, No.2, pp.43-51. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(2005)131:2(43)
- Stark, T. D., Choi, H, Schroeder, P. R. (2005b), "Settlement of Dredged and Contaminated Material Placement Areas, II: Primary Consolidation, Secondary Compression, and Desiccation of Dredged Fill Input Parameters", Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, ASCE, Vol.131, No.2, pp.52-61. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(2005)131:2(52)
- Znidarcic, D. (1999), "Predicting the Behavior of Disposed Dredging Soils", Geotechnical Engineering for Transportation Infrastructure, Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Vol.2, pp.877-886.
- Analytical Study for the Self-weight Consolidation Behaviour of Dredged Soft Soils vol.35, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.9786/kswm.2018.35.5.411