- Volume 21 Issue 4
Association of GNB3 Polymorphism with Obesity Index, Blood Pressure, Glucose and Lipid Level
비만한 한국인에서 GNB3 유전자다형성과 비만 지표, 혈압, 혈당, 지질 대사의 관계
- Kwon, Dong-Hyun (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Graduate School, Dong-Guk University) ;
- Park, Jung-Hyun (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Graduate School, Dong-Guk University) ;
- Lee, Myeong-Jong (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Graduate School, Dong-Guk University) ;
- Song, Mi-Young (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Graduate School, Dong-Guk University) ;
- Kim, Ho-Jun (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Graduate School, Dong-Guk University)
- 권동현 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 박정현 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 이명종 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 송미영 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실) ;
- 김호준 (동국대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학교실)
- Received : 2011.09.15
- Accepted : 2011.10.13
- Published : 2011.10.30
Objectives: The aim of this study is to establish the association of GNB3 with obesity-index, blood pressure, glucose and lipid level. Methods: A total of 209 Korean obese subjects participated in the study. Body weight, body mass index(BMI), waist circumference, body fat, body fat mass, resting metabolic rate, blood pressure, total cholesterol, high density lipoprotein, triglyceride and fasting blood sugar test were measured by using standardized protocols. The GNB3 was genotyped by using polymerase chain reaction with restriction fragment length polymorphism. Results: The frequency of CC, CT, TT genotype were, respectively, 18,2%, 56.9%, 24,9%, and the frequency of T allele was 53.3% in Korean obese population. There were no association of GNB3 with obesity index, blood pressure, glucose and lipid level in Korean obese population. Conclusions: Obese Korea population have a higher frequency of T alle than general Korean population. There are no association of GNB3 with obesity index, blood pressure, glucose and lipid level in Korean obese population.
Supported by : 보건복지가족부, (주)한국인삼공사
- 배승호. 비만관련 유전자 변이. 대한비만학회지. 2004;13(4):221-9.
- Rankinen T, Zuberi A, Chagnon YC, Weisnagel SJ, Argyropoulos G, Walts B, Perusse L, Bouchard C. The human obesity gene map: the 2005 update. Obesity. 2006;14(4):529-644. https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2006.71
- Rosskopf D, Busch S, Manthey I, Siffert W. G protein beta3 gene: structure, promoter, and additional polymorphisms. Hypertension. 2000;36(1):33-41. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.36.1.33
- Tsai CH, Yeh HI, Chou Y, Liu HF, Yang TY, Wang JC, Wang NM, Chang JG. G protein beta3 subunit variant and essential hypertension in Taiwan - a case-control study. Int J Cardiol. 2000;73(2):191-5, discussion 197-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-5273(00)00209-6
- Huang X, Ju Z, Song Y, Zhang H, Sun K, Lu H, Yang Z, Jose PA, Zhou G, Wang M, Wang W, Feng S, Hui R. Lack of association between the C protein beta3 subunit gene and essential hypeltension in Chinese: a case-control and a family-based study. J Mol Med(Berl). 2003;81(11):729-35.
- Ishikawa K, Imai Y, Katsuya T, Ohkubo T, Tsuji I, Nagai K, Takami S, Nakata Y, Satoh H, Hisamichi S, Higaki J, Ogihara T. Human G-protein beta3 subunit variant is associated with serum potassium and total cholesterol levels but not with blood pressure. Am J Hypertens. 2000;13(2):140-5. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0895-7061(99)00118-1
- Yamamoto M, Abe M, Jin JJ, Wu Z, Tabara Y, Mogi M, Kohara K, Miki T, Nakura J. Association of GNB3 gene with pulse pressure and clustering of risk factors for cardiovascular disease in Japanese. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316(3):744-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2004.02.113
- 우상구, 유배건, 정정욱, 한태경, 이지영, 안의수, 강현식. 12주 댄스운동이 GNB3 유전자다형에 따른 한국 복부비만 중년여성의 비만과 대사증후군 지표 및 식이섭취량에 미치는 영향. 운동영양학회지. 2007;11(3);233-9.
- Lee J, Lee S, Shin S, Kang HS. Association between the GNB3 Polymorphism and Blood Pressure in Young Korean Men. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005Jul;37(7):1138-43. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.mss.0000170096.96662.05
- 강현식, 이지영, 한태경. GNB3 유전자다형에 따른 중년여성의 대사증후군 비교. 체육과학연구. 2006;17(1);1-8.
- Siffert W, Forster P, Jockel KH, Mvere DA, Brinkmann B, Naber C, Crookes R, Du P Heyns A, Epplen JT, Fridey J, Freedman BI, Muller N, Stolke D, Sharma AM, Al Moutaery K, Grosse-Wilde H, Buerbaum B, Ehrlich T, Ahmad HR, Horsthemke B, Du Toit ED, Tiilikainen A, Ge J, Wang Y, Rosskopf D et al. Worldwide ethnic distribution of the G protein beta3 subunit 825T allele and its association with obesity in Caucasian, Chinese, and Black African individuals. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1999;10(9):1921-30.
- Beige J, Hohenbleicher H, Distler A, Sharma AM. G-Protein beta3 subunit C825T variant and ambulatory blood pressure in essential hypertension. Hypertension. 1999;33(4):1049-51. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.33.4.1049
- Benjafield AV, Jeyasingam CL, Nyholt DR, Griffiths LR, Morris BJ. G-protein beta3 subunit gene(GNB3) variant in causation of essential hypertension. Hypertension. 1998;32(6):1094-7. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.32.6.1094
- Hengstenberg C, Schunkert H, Mayer B, Doring A, Lowel H, Hense HW, Fischer M, Riegger GA, Holmer SR. Association between a polymorphism in the G protein beta3 subunit gene(GNB3) with arterial hypertension but not with myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Res. 2001;49(4):820-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-6363(00)00292-3
- Siffert W. G protein beta3 Subunit 825T allele, hypertension, obesity, and diabetic nephropathy. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2000;15(9):1298-306. https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/15.9.1298