- Volume 21 Issue 4
Effect of Qigong(Zhan zhuang gong) on Grip Strength Improvement
참장공이 악력 증가에 미치는 영향
- Cho, Moon-Hyung (School of Korean Medicine, Pu-San National University) ;
- Hwang, Eui-Hyoung (School of Korean Medicine, Pu-San National University) ;
- Jang, In-Soo (Dept. of Internal Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Woo-Suk University) ;
- Yang, Chang-Sop (Dept. of Internal Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Woo-Suk University) ;
- Kang, Jun-Won (Graduate School of Medical Science and Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST))
- 조문형 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원) ;
- 황의형 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원) ;
- 장인수 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방내과학교실) ;
- 양창섭 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방내과학교실) ;
- 강준원 (한국과학기술원 의과학대학원)
- Received : 2011.09.15
- Accepted : 2011.09.28
- Published : 2011.10.30
Objectives: The aim of this pilot study is to investigate qigong as a trailing method to treat diseases and improve the quality of life. Methods: We used a controlled clinical study in this research qigong group(n=34) practiced the zhan zhuang gong for 2 minutes. Control group(n=33) did low intensity walking for 2 minutes. Changes of grip strength, heat rate and rating of perceieved exertion were measured before and after treatment. Paired t-tests and independent t-tests were applied for statistical analysis. Results: Qigong group showed significant improvement in grip strength(p<0.05), whereas the control group showed insignificant changes(p<0.05). Both groups demonstrate significant changes in heart rate(p<0.05). In rating of perceieved exertion, significant difference showed between groups(p<0.05). Conclusions: The zhan zhuang gong, a kind of qigong improved grip strength by 2 minutes of practice. We may conclude that zhan zhuang gong could be a method of improving physical strength.
Supported by : 부산대학교
- 한방재활의학과학회. 한방재활의학. 제 2판. 서울:군자출판사. 2005:373.
- Lim YA, Boone T, Flarity JR, Thompson WR. Effects of qigong on cardiorespiratory changes: a preliminary study. Am J Chin Med. 1993;21(1):1-6. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0192415X93000029
- 정연수. 한방기공체조가 성인 여성들의 건강관련 체력요인과 체지방에 미치는 영향. 한국사회체육학회지. 2006;28:375.
- Lee MS, Pittler MH, Ernst E. Tai chi for rheumatoid arthritis: systematic review. Rheumatology. 2007Nov;46(11):1648-51. https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kem151
- Lee MS, Pittler MH, Ernst E. Tai chi for osteoarthritis: a systematic review. Clin Rheumatol. 2008Feb;27(2):211-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-007-0700-4
- Wang C. Tai chi and rheumatic diseases. Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2011Feb;37(1):19-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rdc.2010.11.002
- Liu X, Miller YD, Burton NW, Chang JH, Brown WJ. Qi-gong mind-body therapy and diabetes control a randomized controlled trial. Am J Prev Med. 2011Aug;41(2):152-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2011.04.007
- Lee MS, Lam P, Ernst E. Effectiveness of tai chi for Parkinson's disease: a critical review. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2008Dec;14(8):589-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parkreldis.2008.02.003
- Yeh ML, Lee TI, Chen HH, Chao TY. The influences of Chan-Chuang qi-gong therapy on complete blood cell counts in breast cancer patients treated with chemotherapy. Cancer Nurs. 2006Mar-Apr;29(2):149-55. https://doi.org/10.1097/00002820-200603000-00012
- 邸國勇. 形意拳械精解. 中國, 北京:人民體育出版社. 2004:4-8.
- 최정현, 이은옥, 이혜영, 은영. 타이치 운동의 근력 및 유연성의 효과에 관한 논문분석. 류마티스건강학회지. 2005;12(1):69-80.
- ViVian H. 체력평가와 운동처방. 서울:한미의학. 2002:40-109.
- Abbott RB, Hui KK, Hays RD, Li MD, Pan T. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Tai Chi for Tension Headaches. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2007Mar;4(1):107-13. https://doi.org/10.1093/ecam/nel050
- Lam P, Dennis SM, Diamond TH, Zwar N. Improving glycaemic and BP control in type 2 diabetes. The effectiveness of tai chi. Aust Fam Physician. 2008Oct;37(10):884-7.
- Yeh SH, Chuang H, Lin LW, Hsiao CY, Wang PW, Liu RT, Yang KD. Regular Tai Chi Chuan exercise improves T cell helper function of type 2 DM patients with an increase in T-bet transcription factor and IL-12 production. Br J Sports Med. 2008Apr;2.:1-6.
- Barrow DE, Bedford A, Ives G, O'Toole L, Channer KS. An evaluation of tile effects of Tai Chi Chuan and Chi Kung training in patients with symptomatic heart failure: a randomised controlled pilot study. Postgrad Med J. 2007Nov;83(985):717-21. https://doi.org/10.1136/pgmj.2007.061267
- Hackney ME, Earhart GM. Tai Chi improves balance and mobility in people with Parkinson disease. Gait Posture. 2008Oct;28(3):436-60.
- Lee MS, Pittler MH, Ernst E. Is Tai Chi an effective adjunct In cancer care? A systematic review of controlled clinical trials. Support Care Cancer. 2007Jun;15(6):597-601. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-007-0221-3