- Volume 21 Issue 4
A Clinical Study on Patients with Traumatic Rupture of Intervertebral Disc Treated by Oriental Medicine Treatment in Combination with Soyeom Pharmacopuncture Therapy
추간판 외상성 파열 환자에 대한 소염약침 병행 치험 2례
- Lee, Hyung-Eun (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dae-Jeon University) ;
- Heo, Dong-Seok (Dept. of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Dae-Jeon University)
- 이형은 (대전대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 허동석 (대전대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2011.09.01
- Accepted : 2011.10.14
- Published : 2011.10.30
Objectives: This study is to observe the effect of oriental medicine treatment combined with Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy on traumatic rupture of intervertebral disc patients caused by traffic accidents. Methods: The patients who have traumatic rupture in lumbar(L)-spine(case 1) and cervical(C)-spine(case 2) were treated by oriental medicine treatment in combination with Soyeom pharmacopunture therapy. VAS(visual analog scale), ROM(range of motion), and physical exam were checked on a daily basis while NDI(neck disability index) and ODI(Oswestry disability index) were examined for 3 times at 7 day interval. Results: 1. Fer 8-9 days from the admission day, the sole use of oriental medicine treatment did not make many improvements in the case of two patients' symptoms. After combining with Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy, chief complaints were improved significantly. 2. In case 1, lumbago decreased from VAS 10 to VAS 5 and lumbar ROM got better than before. ODl score cropped from 42 to 27. 3. In case 2, left shoulder pain and nuchal pain lowered from VAS 10 to VAS 4, left upper limb numbness and weakness were improved, The patient showed nearly fun ROM. NDI score decreased from 26 to 19. Conclusions: Oriental medicine treatment in combination with Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy is proved to be helpful to improve the symptoms of the traumatic rupture of intervertebral else patients caused by traffic accident.
- 대한정헝외과학회. 정형외과학. 최신의학사. 2006:623-4.
- Lee KS, Bae WK, Doh JW, Bae HG, Yun IC. Evaluation by MRI of Disc Injury in Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine. Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society. 1998;27:65-70.
- 대한약침학회 학술위원회. 약침학. 서울:엘스비아코리아. 2008:3.
- Song HG, Choi JY, Kang JH, Lee H. The effect of the Acupuncture Therapy in combination with Soyeom Pharmacopuncture Therapy on the Improvement of the Symtoms of the Patients with Herniated Intervertebral Disk of L-spine in His Initial Stage of Hospitalization. Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute. 2009;12(4):111-8.
- Lee KS, Bae WK, Doh JW, Bae HG, Yun IC. Traumatic Disc Injuries and the Iatrogenic Spinal Disability. Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society. 2000;29:935-9.
- Adams MA, Hutton WC. Gradual disc prolapse. Spine 10, 1985:524-31. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-198507000-00006
- Brickmann P, Porter RW, A Laboratory model of lumbar disc protrusion: fissure and fragment Spine 19, 1994:228-35. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199401001-00019
- Smith SE, Darden BV, Rhyne AL, Wood KE. Outcome of unoperated discogram-positive low back pain. Spine 20, 1995:1997-2000. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199509150-00007
- National Medical Center, Internal Disc disruption. Disease & surgery information. [cited 2004 Jan 28]. Available from: URL:http://osnmc.com/info/read.php?uid=51&page=1&so=&findstr=.
- Yook TH, Song BY, Sin MS, Kim BH, Park JJ, Yun JH. Effects on the Local Thermal Chanbe following Herbal Acupuncture on D.I.T.I.. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibusion Society. 2000;17(3):57-68.
- Kim EH, Oh MS, The Clinical observation of 1 case of Supraspinatus Tendinosis and subdeltoid bursitis. Journal of the Institute of oriental Medicine of Daejeon University. 2009;18(1):43-8.
- Lee EJ, Yoon IJ, The clinical observation of 1 case of tile Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Journal of the Institute of Oriental Medicine of Daejeon University. 2009;18(1):109-16.
- Kim SL, Hong KE. The clinical observation of 3 cases of metatarsal tendinitis treated with anti-inflammatory herbal acupuncture. Journal of Korean Institute of Herbal Acupunture. 2007;10(1):1.
- Song BY, Lee CH. Effects of the Acupuncture or Pharmacopunture Treatment for the Histologic and Morphologic Recovery on the Mouse with the Burn Skin. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(3):81-92.
- Kim WJ, Kang JW, Park JG, Na KH, Kim HY, Ahn JH, Lee KW, Choy WS. Availability of Intradiscal Injection of Marcaine as a Pain Relief Test for Diagnosis of Internal Disc Disruption. Journal of Korean Spine Surg. 2005;12(1):45-51. https://doi.org/10.4184/jkss.2005.12.1.45