- Volume 7 Issue 4
Vertically Distributed Aerosol Sampling and Analysis using Tethered Balloon Sampler System in Ansan
안산지역 내에서의 Tethered Balloon 탑재형 포집기를 이용한 연직 분포된 Aerosol 포집 및 분석
- Eun, Hee-Ram (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Whan-Ki (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Hong-Ku (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Yoo, Dong-Hyun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Yook, Se-Jin (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Ahn, Kang-Ho (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- 은희람 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 김환기 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 이홍규 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 유동현 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 육세진 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 안강호 (한양대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2011.12.12
- Accepted : 2011.12.27
- Published : 2011.12.31
It is very important to measure atmospheric particles and evaluate the characteristics of them since aerosol can influence atmospheric environment, climate, and health. Satellite, aircraft, radio sonde are usually used to measure the vertical distribution of particle properties, temperature, humidity, and pressure. Although the method of using an aircraft is favorable to collect the horizontal distribution of the particles, but unadaptable to measure the vertical distribution of the particles. However, all-in-one balloon particle sampler system can collect particles depending on each altitude controling the balloon by winch. In this research, we performed the air sampling on the TEM grids using house made light weight impactor at the altitude of 300m and 900m. The collected particles were analyzed using TEM/EDS.
Supported by : 환경부
- Bae Gwi-Nam, Jun-Ho Ji, and Kil-Choo Moon (1999). Collection characteristics of a MOUDI cascade impactor for coarse particles, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 799-804.
- Daniel R., William L., D.A. (2008). Aircraft measurements of the impacts of pollution aerosols on clouds and precipitation over the Sierra Nevada, Journal of Geophysical Research, VOL.113, D15203, doi : 0.1029/2007JD009544. https://doi.org/10.1029/2007JD009544
- Dias da Cunha, K., J. L. Lipsztein, C. P. Fang, and C. V. Barros Leite (1998). A cascade impactor for mineral particle analysis, Journal of Aerosol Science and Technology, Vol. 29, pp. 126-132. https://doi.org/10.1080/02786829808965557
- Hermann, M., F. Stratmann, M. Wilck, A. Wiedensohler (2001). Sampling Characteristics of an Aircraft-Borne Aerosol Inlet System, J. Atmos. Oceanic Technol., 18, 7-19. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0426(2001)018<0007:SCOAAB>2.0.CO;2
- Howell, S., A. A. P. Pszenny, P. Quinn, and B. Huebert (1998). A field intercomparison of three cascade impactors, Journal of Aerosol Science and Technology, Vol. 22, pp. 475-492.
- Kang, S. M., Joe J. G. (2005). Seasonal Characterization of Particles Busan Area, Korean J. Sanitation. Vol. 20, No. 3, pp.17-26.
- Knuth, R. H. (1984). Calibration and field application of a Sierra model 235 cascade impactor, Am. Ind. Hyg. Assoc. J., Vol. 45(6), pp. 393-398. https://doi.org/10.1080/15298668491400007
- Marple, V. A. (1970) A fundamental study of inertial impactors, Ph. D. dissertation, University of Minnesota, particle Technology Laboratory, Publ. 144.
- Marple, V. A., and K. Willeke (1979). In aerosol measurement, D. A., Lundgren et al.(Eds.), University Presses of Florida.
- Rader, D. J., and V. A. Marple (1985). Effect of ultra- Stokesian drag and particle interception on impaction characteristics, Journal of Aerosol Science and Technology, Vol. 4, pp. 141-156. https://doi.org/10.1080/02786828508959044
- Rader, D. J., L. A. Mondy, J. E. Brockmann, D. A. Lucero, and K. L. Rubow (1991). Stage response calibration of the Mark III and Marple personal cascade impactors, Journal of Aerosol Science and Technology, Vol. 14, pp. 365-379. https://doi.org/10.1080/02786829108959499
- Spengler, J. D. and G. D. Thurston (1983). Mass and elemental composition of fine and coarse particles in six U. S. cities, Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association A. Vol. 33, No. 12, 1162-1171. https://doi.org/10.1080/00022470.1983.10465707
- Wenying He, Shu-peng Ho, H.C., X.Z., Doung H., Ying-Hwa Kuo (2009). Assessment of radiosonde temperature measurements in the upper troposphere and lower stratosphere using COSMIC radio occultation data. Geophysical Research Letters, VOL. 36, L17807, doi:10.1029/2009GL038712. https://doi.org/10.1029/2009GL038712
- Yook, Se-Jin and Ahn, Kang-Ho (2003). Real-time observation on airborne particles with Visual Impactor, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment. Vol. 19. No. 1. pp. 67-76.