- Volume 24 Issue 6
The catalyst works for visible-light region was characterized. Toluene, xylene, MEK and ammonia were used as reactants. The decomposition efficiency was compared between visible-light photocatalyst and UV-light one. UV-photocatalyst can be activated with UV-light wave length of 280~360 nm. However, visible-light photocatalyst can be activated with visible wave length of 400~750 nm. This result was found by using UV-Vis absorbance. A lot of materials were doped to visible light photocatalyst in order to increase its performance. Platinum was added to visible light photocatalyst with manganese in order to increase performance of the visible light photocatalyst. MTMS (Methyl tri methoxy silane) was used as a binder. Contact angle was analyzed varying with amount of binder. Contact angle was increased with increasing the amount of MTMS. As a result, the hydrophilic property of photocatalyst with MTMS binder was decreased due to its hydrophobic one. And Mn-
visible-ray photocatalyst;decomposition characteristic;Mn-
- Michael R. Hoffman, Scot T. Martin, Wonyoung Choi and Detef W. Bahnemann, Chem. Rev., 95, 69-96 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1021/cr00033a004
- S. A. Bilmes, P. Mandelbaum, F. Alvarez and N. M. Victoria, J. Phys. Chem. B, 104(42), 9821-9858 (2000).
- Yoshihisa Ohko, Isao Ando, Chisa Niwa, Tetsu Tatsuma, Tsuyosh Yamamura, Tetuto Nakashima, Yoshinobu Kubota and Akira Fujishima, Environ. Sci. Technol., 35(11), 2365-2368 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1021/es001757t
- Xingtao Gao and Istael E. Wachs, Catalysis Today, 51(2), 233-254 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0920-5861(99)00048-6
- Q. F. Zhou, Q. Q. Zhang, J. X. Zhang, L. Y. Zhang and X. Yao, Materials Letters, 31, 39-42 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(96)00241-8
- E. Obuhi, T. Sakamoto, K. Nakano and F. Shiraishi, CHEM ENG SCI., 54, 1525-1530 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2509(99)00067-6
- A. Fujishima and K. Honda, Nature, 37, 238 (1992).
- Tsuoshi Takata, Akira Tanaka, Michikazu Hara, Junko N. Kondo and Kazumari Domen, Catalysis Today, 44, 17-26 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0920-5861(98)00170-9
- G. A. Somorjai, "Chemistry in two demensions surface", Cornell Univ. Press, 551, 1981.
- M. A. Fox and M. T. Dulay, Chem. Rev., 93, 341-357 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1021/cr00017a016
- S. Nishimoto, S. B. Ohtani and H. Kajiwara, J. Chem. Soc. Fraday Trans, 81(10), 2467-2474 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1039/f19858102467
- M. C. Kim, "Visible ray catalyst coating solution and its making method", Korea Patent 10-0614416, Korea Patent Association, 2006.
- C. Su, B. Y. Hong and C. M. Tseng, Catalysis Today 96, 119-126 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cattod.2004.06.132
- C. H. Ao, S. C. Lee, J. Z. Yu and J. H. Xu, Applied Catal. B: Environmental, 54, 41-50 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2004.06.004
- Mehrdad Keshmiri, Madjid Mohseni, Tom Troczynski, Applied Catal: Environmental, 53, 209-219 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2004.05.016
- M. A. Centeno, M. Paulis, M. Montes and J. A. Odriozola, Applied Catal. A: Gen., 234, 1-2 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0926-860X(02)00231-4
- D. Tenibile, A. Trovarelli, C. D. Leitenburg and G. Ddcetti, Catal. Today, 47, 1-4 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0920-5861(98)00278-8
- M. C. Kim, J. of Korea Intellectual Patent Society, 9, 21 (2007).
- A Study on the Reduction of VOCs Generated from Vehicle Interior Parts and Materials Using Visible-light Responsive Photocatalyst vol.48, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2013.48.3.209
Supported by : 청주대학교