- Volume 7 Issue 3
A Sensitivity Analysis of the OZIPR Modeling Result for the Seoul Metropolitan Area
OZIPR 모델링 결과의 민감도 분석
- Lee, Sun-Hwa (Korea Financial Corporation) ;
- Jin, Lan (Department of Environmental Science and Engineering EwhaWomans University) ;
- Kim, Yong Pyo (Department of Environmental Science and Engineering EwhaWomans University)
- 이선화 (한국정책금융공사) ;
- 김용표 (이화여자대학교 환경공학과)
- Received : 2011.09.09
- Accepted : 2011.09.29
- Published : 2011.09.30
To establish area specific control strategies for the reduction of the ozone concentration, the Ozone Isopleth Plotting Package for Research(OZIPR) model has been widely used. However, the model results tend to changed by various input parameters such as the background concentration, emission amount of NOx and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and meteorological condition. Thus, sensitivity analysis should be required to ensure the reliability of the result. The OZIPR modeling results for five local government districts in the Seoul Metropolitan Area (SMA) in June 2000 were used for the sensitivity analysis. The sensitivity analysis result showed that the modeling result of the SMA being VOC-limited region be still valid for a wide range of input parameters' variation. The estimated ozone concentrations were positively related with the initial VOCs concentrations while were negatively related with the initial NOx concentrations. But, the degree of the variations at each local district was different suggesting area specific characteristics being also important. Among the five local governments, Suwon was chosen to identify other variance through the period from April to September in 2000. The monthly modeling results show different ozone values, but still showing the characteristics of VOCs-limited region. Limitations due to not considering long range transport and transfer from neighbor area, limitation of input data, error between observed data and estimated data are all discussed.
Supported by : 기상청
- Choi, J.S., Baek, S.O. (1998) Estimation of daily maximum mixing height in Pohang, Osan, and Gwangju: Analyze 10 year data from 1983-1992, Korean Journal of Atmospheric Environment 14(4), 379-385.
- Finlayson-Pitts, B. J. and Pitts, J. N. (1999) Chemistry of the Upper and Lower Atmosphere Theory, Experiments, and Applications, New York, Academic Press, pp 101.
- Gery, M.W., R.R. Corouse (2002) User's Guide for Executing OZIPR, Atmospheric Research Associates, Inc., Boston, US EPA.
- GRI (Gyeonggi Research Institute) Policy Research (2004) Annual air pollutants emission in the Seoul Metropolitan Area in 2002.
- Ghim, Y.S., Oh, H.S. (1999) Studies of High-Ozone Episodes in the Greater Seoul Area Between 1990 and 1997, Korean Journal of Atmospheric Environment, 15(3), 267-280.
- Hong, Y.D., Lee, S.U., Han, J.S., Lee, S.J., Kim, S.D., Kim, Y.S. (2005) A study on the reduction of photochemical ozone concentration using OZIPR in Seoul area, Korean Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment 14, 117-126.
- He, J. S., Kim, T.H., Kim, D.S. (1999) A Comparative Study on Ambient Air Quality Standard for Ozone, Korean Journal of Atmospheric Environment, 15(2), 159-173.
- Kim, Y.P., Lee, S.B., Na, G.S., Jin, H.C., Yoon, Y.S., Bae, G.N., and Moon, G.Z. (2000) Shipboard Measurement Data of Volatile Organic Compounds in the Atmosphere Over the Yellow Sea in 1999, Korean Journal of Atmospheric Environment 16(5), 553-560
- Kim, J.Y., Ghim, Y.S. (2001) Modeling the 1997 High-Ozone Episode in the Greater Seoul Area with Densely-Distributed Meteorological Observations, 17(1), 1-17.
- KMA (Korea Meteorological Administration) (2000). Monthly report (June) of meteorology, Seoul, Korea.
- KOSIS (Korean Statistical Information Service) (2010). Result of Population and housing census, Daejeon, Korea
- Lee, S.B., Bae, G.N., Kim, Y.P., Jin, H.C., Yoon, Y.S., Moon, G.Z. (2002) Aerosol Characteristics at Tokchok Island in the Yellow Sea, Korean Journal of Atmospheric Environment, 18(4), 305-316.
- Lee, S.H., Jin, L., Kim, Y.P. (2011) A study on the ozone control strategy using the OZIPR in the Seoul Metropolitan Area, Asian Journal of Atmospheric Environment, submitted.
- MOE (Ministry of Environment, Korea) (2006). Annual report of atmospheric environment, National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Research Complex, Incheon, Korea.
- MOE (Ministry of Environment, Korea) (2005). Annual report of atmospheric environment in 2004, National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Research Complex, Incheon, Korea.
- MOE (Ministry of Environment, Korea) (2001). Annual report of atmospheric environment in 2000, National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Research Complex, Incheon, Korea.
- MOE (Ministry of Environment, Korea) (2000) Monthly report (June) of atmospheric environment, National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Research Complex, Incheon, Korea.
- Na, K., Kim, Y.P. (2001) Seasonal characteristics of ambient volatile organic compounds in Seoul, Korea, Atmospheric Environment 35, 2603-2614. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(00)00464-7
- NIER (National Institute of Environmental Research) (2002) Research of long range transport pollutants in background concentration area II- Pollutant monitor of Kanghwa, Tae'an, Geoje, Goseong, Gosan- Final report.
- NIER (National Institute of Environmental Research) (1999) Investigation of Long Range Transport of Atmospheric Pollution in Northeast Asia and Cooperating Plan of Environmental preservation (IV)- Long Range Transporting Event of Atmospheric pollutants and Monitoring Net Operation-, BSG0563-6510-6, Incheon, Korea.
- Park, J.Y., Kim, Y.P. (2002) On the optimum ozone control strategy in Seoul: Case studies using OZIPR, Korean Journal of Atmospheric Environment 18, 427-433.
- Seinfeld, J.H., Pandis, S.N. (2006) Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics-From Air Pollution to Climate Change, 2nd Ed., John wiley & sons Press Inc., USA., pp 52-53& 236-238.