- Volume 43 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
SENSITIVITY ANALYSIS TO EVALUATE THE TRANSPORT PROPERTIES OF CdZnTe DETECTORS USING ALPHA PARTICLES AND LOW-ENERGY GAMMA-RAYS
- Kim, Kyung-O (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Ahn, Woo-Sang (Department of Radiation Oncology, Asan Medical Center) ;
- Kwon, Tae-Je (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Soon-Young (RADCORE Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Kyung (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Ha, Jang-Ho (Advanced Radiation Detection Instrument & Sensor Lab, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2010.09.09
- Accepted : 2011.06.01
- Published : 2011.12.25
A sensitivity analysis of the methods used to evaluate the transport properties of a CdZnTe detector was performed using two different radiations (
- J. E. Toney, R. B. James, J. Butler, and et al., Cadmium Zinc Telluride Charged Particle Nuclear Detectors, SAND97- 8216, Sandia National Laboratories, (1997).
- Hadong Kim, Leonard Cirignano, Kanai Shah, Michael Squillante, and Philip Wong, "Investigation of the Energy Resolution and Charge Collection Efficiency of Cd(Zn)Te Detectors with Three Electrodes," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 51, 1229-1234 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2004.829385
- B. A. Brunett, J. M. Van Scyoc, N. R. Hilton, J. C. Lund, and R. B. James, "The Performance Effects of Crystal Boundaries in Cadmium Zinc Telluride Radiation Spectrometers," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 47, 1353-1359 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1109/23.872977
- K. S. Shah, J. C. Lund, and F. Olschner, "Charge Collection Efficiency in a Semiconductor Radiation Detector with a Non-constant Electric Field," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 37, 183-186 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1109/23.106615
- T. E. Schlesinger, J. E. Toney, H. Yoon, E. Y. Lee, B. A. Brunett, L. Franks, and R. B. James, "Cadmium Zinc Telluride and Its Use as a Nuclear Radiation Detector Material," Materials Science and Engineering, 32, 103- 189 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0927-796X(01)00027-4
- A. K. Khusainov, A. L. Dudin, A. G. Ilves, V. F. Morozov, A. K. Pusotovoit, and R. D. Arlt, "High Performance P-i-n CdTe and CdZnTe Detectors," Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, 428, 58-65 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(98)01580-0
- M. Jung, J. Morel, P. Fougeres, M. Hage-Ali, and P. Siffert, "A New Method for Evaluation of Transport Properties in CdTe and CZT Detectors," Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, 428, 45-57 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(98)01579-4
- Y. Nemirovsky, A. Ruzin, G. Asa, and J. Gorelik, "Study of the Charge Collection Efficiency of CdZnTe Radiation Detectors," Journal of Electronic Materials, 25 1221-1231 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02655012
- J. E. Toney, T. E. Schlesinger, and R. B. James, "Modeling and Simulation of Uniformity Effects in Cd1-xZnxTe Gamma-ray Spectrometers," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 45, 105-113 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1109/23.659560
- M. C. Veale, P. J. Sellin, A. Lohstroh, A. W. Davies, J. Parkin, and P. Seller, "X-ray Spectroscopy and Charge Transport Properties of CdZnTe Grown by the Vertical Bridgman Method," Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, 576, 90-94 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2007.01.127
- Se-Hwan Park, Yong-Kyun Kim, Sung-Dae Jeon, Jang- Ho Ha, and Duk-Geun Hong, "Mean Free Paths of Charge Carriers in CZT Crystal," Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, 579, 130-133 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2007.04.023
- D. Pelowitz (Ed.), "MCNPX User's Manual Version 2.5.0," LA-CP-05-0369, Los Alamos National Laboratory, (2005).
- M. D. Reed, Cs. Szeles, and S. E. Cameron, "Computational Modeling of Heat Transport in a Multi-zone High-pressure Vertical Electro-dynamic Gradient CdZnTe Furnace," Journal of Crystal Growth, 289, 494-501 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrysgro.2005.12.103
- K. Hecht, "Zum Mechanismus des lichtelekrischen Primastomes in isolierenden Kristallen," Zeits. Phys., 77, 235- (1932). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01338917
- Goro Sato, and et al., "Properties of CdZnTe Detectors in the burst alert telescope (BAT) Array," Proceedings of SPIE-International Society for Optical Engineering, 5198, 209-216 (2004).
- eV Products, http://www.evproducts.com/.
- Goro Sato, Tadayuki Takahashi, and et al., "Characterization of CdTe/CdZnTe Detectors," IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, 49, 1258-1263 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1109/TNS.2002.1039648