- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design of Gerotor Using Cycloid and Circular-Arc Curves
사이클로이드 및 원호 곡선을 이용한 제로터 개발
- Choi, Tae-Hoon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Moon-Saeng (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Geun-Su (Research Institute, Samhan Co., Ltd) ;
- Jung, Sung-Yuen (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chul (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.08.17
- Accepted : 2010.12.24
- Published : 2011.03.01
The new gerotor developed in this paper has an inner rotor in which a circular arc is inserted between the hypocycloid and epicycloid curves, whereas the outer rotor is designed using the simulation results for the rotor and a modification method. The new gerotor has no cusps and loops and no limit on the eccentricity. We increase the average flow rate by adding a new design parameter,
Circular Arc;Cycloid;Eccentricity;Flow Rate;Gerotor
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Sasaki, H., Inui, N., Shimada, Y. and Ogata, D., 2008, "Development of High Efficiency P/M Internal Gear Pump Rotor(Megafloid Rotor)," Automotive SEI Technical Review, No. 66, pp. 124-128.
- Colbourne, J. R., 1975, "Gear Shape and Theoretical Flow Rate in Internal Gear Pumps," Trans. of the CSME, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 215-223.
- Saegusa, Y., Urashima, K., Sugimoto, M., Onoda, M. and Koiso, T., 1984, "Development of Oil-Pump Rotors with a Trochoidal Tooth Shape," SAE paper, No. 840454.
- Beard, J. E., Hall, A. S. and Soedel, W., 1991, "Comparison of Hypotrochoidal and Epitrochoidal Gerotors," ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 113, pp. 133-141. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2912761
- Fabiani, M., Manco, S. Nervegna, N. and Rundo, M., 1999, "Modelling and Simulation of Gerotor Gearing in Lubricating Oil Pumps," SAE, No. 1999-01-0626.
- Mimmi, G. C. and Pennacchi, P. E., 2000, "Non-Undercutting Conditions in Internal Gears," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 477-490. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0094-114X(99)00028-2
- Demenego, A., Vecchiato, D., Litvin, F. L., Nervegna, N. and Manco, S., 2002, "Design and Simulation of Meshing of a Cycloidal Pump," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 311-332. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0094-114X(01)00074-X
- Lee, S. C., 2006, "Profile Design of the Inner Rotor of a Gerotor by the Composite Curve of Circular Arcs," Journal of the KSTLE, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 79-86.
- Chang, Y. J., Kim, J. H., Jeon, C. H., Kim, C. and Jung, S. Y., 2007, "Development of an Integrated System for the Automated Design of a Gerotor Oil Pump," ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 129, No. 10, pp. 1099-1105. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2757629
- Hsieh, C. F. and Hwang, J. H., 2007, "Geometric Design for a Gerotor Pump with High Area Efficiency," ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 129, No. 12, pp. 1269-1277. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2779887
- Jung, S. Y., Kim, M. S., Cho, H. Y. and Kim, C., 2009, "Development of an Automated Design System for Oil Pumps with Multiple Profiles(Circle, Ellipse and Involute)," Journal of KSPE, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 103-112.
- Ye, Z., Zhang, W., Huang, Q. and Chen, C., 2006, "Simple Explicit Formulae for Calculating Limit Dimensions to Avoid Undercutting in the Rotor of a Cycloid Rotor Pump," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp. 405-414. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2005.07.001
- Sumimoto Electric Sintered Allowy, LTD., 2006, "Internal Gear Pump and Inner Rotor of the Pump," KRpatent, 10-2006-0032634.
- Development of Rotor for Internal Gear Pump using Cycloid and Polycircular-arc Curves vol.29, pp.9, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2012.29.9.1003
- Optimal Design of Rotor Profile of Internal Gear Pump for Noise Reduction vol.38, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.3.295
- Design of rotor profile of internal gear pump for improving fuel efficiency vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-015-0014-4
- Optimal Design of Gerotor with Combined Profiles (Three-Ellipse and Ellipse-Involute-Ellipse) Using Rotation and Translation Algorithm vol.39, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.2.169