- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Sequential Approximate Optimization by Dual Method Based on Two-Point Diagonal Quadratic Approximation
이점 대각 이차 근사화 기법을 쌍대기법에 적용한 순차적 근사 최적설계
- Park, Seon-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ) ;
- Jung, Sang-Jin (School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ) ;
- Jeong, Seung-Hyun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ) ;
- Choi, Dong-Hoon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ)
- Received : 2010.09.15
- Accepted : 2011.01.07
- Published : 2011.03.01
We present a new dual sequential approximate optimization (SAO) algorithm called SD-TDQAO (sequential dual two-point diagonal quadratic approximate optimization). This algorithm solves engineering optimization problems with a nonlinear objective and nonlinear inequality constraints. The two-point diagonal quadratic approximation (TDQA) was originally non-convex and inseparable quadratic approximation in the primal design variable space. To use the dual method, SD-TDQAO uses diagonal quadratic explicit separable approximation; this can easily ensure convexity and separability. An important feature is that the second-derivative terms of the quadratic approximation are approximated by TDQA, which uses only information on the function and the derivative values at two consecutive iteration points. The algorithm will be illustrated using mathematical and topological test problems, and its performance will be compared with that of the MMA algorithm.
Convexity;Duality Method;Separability;Sequential Approximate Optimization;Topology Optimization;Two-Point Diagonal Quadratic Approximation
- Kim, J.-R. and Choi, D.-H., 2008, “Enhanced Two-Point Diagonal Quadratic Approximation Methods for Design Optimization,” Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engng, Vol. 197, pp. 846-856. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2007.09.014
- Kim, M.-S., Kim, J.-R., Jeon, J.-Y. and Choi, D.-H., 2001, “Design Optimization Using Two-Point Diagonal Quadratic Approximation,” Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 25, No. 9, pp. 1423-1431 (in Korean).
- Starnes, J.H. Jr. and Haftka, R.T., 1979, “Preliminary Design of Composite Wings for Buckling, Stress and Displacement Constraints,” Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 16, pp. 564-570. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.58565
- Fadel, G.M., Riley, M.F. and Barthelemy, J.F.M., 1990, “Two-Point Exponential Approximation Method for Structural Optimization,” Structural Optimization, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 117-124. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01745459
- Fleury, C., 1989, “CONLIN: An efficient Dual Optimizer Based on Convex Approximation Concepts,” Structural Optimization, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 81-89. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01637664
- Svanberg, K., 1987, “The Method of Moving Asymptotes-A New Method for Structural Optimization,” Int. J. Numer. Meth. Engng, Vol. 24, pp. 359-373. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620240207
- Svanberg, K., 1995, “A Globally Convergent Version of MMA Without Linesearch,” Proceedings of the First World Congress on Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Gorslar, Germany, pp. 9-16.
- Duysinx, P., Bruyneel, M. and Fleury, C., 2009, “Solution of Large Scale Optimization Problems with Sequential Convex Programming,” Technical Report, LTAS-Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Mechanics and Civil Engineering, University of Liege.
- Falk, J. E., 1967, “Lagrange Multipliers and Nonlinear Programming,” J. Math. Anal. Appl., Vol. 19, pp. 141-159. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-247X(67)90028-5
- Sigmund, O., 2001, “A 99 Line Topology Optimization Code Written in Matlab,” Struc. Multidisc Optim., Vol. 21, pp. 120-127. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001580050176
- Bendsøe, M.P. and Sigmund, O., 2003, “Topology Optimization: Theory, Methods and Applications,” Springer: Berlin.