- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic Analysis of Nuclear Power Equipment Related to Design
원전기자재 설계와 관련된 내진해석
- Lee, Woo-Hyung (Underwater Vehicle Research Center.) ;
- Cho, Jong-Rae (School of Mechanical and Information Engineering, Korea Maritime Univ.) ;
- Roh, Min-Sik (Underwater Vehicle Research Center.) ;
- Ryu, Jeong-Hyung (KT Heavy Industries Co. LTD)
- Received : 2010.07.05
- Accepted : 2011.01.02
- Published : 2011.03.01
We use the finite element method to analyze the seismic design of a liquid storage tank for a polar crane at a nuclear power plant. We obtained the natural frequency and vibration modes by modal analysis, and we evaluated the seismic stability by response spectrum analysis. Furthermore, the seismic analysis of the tank was accomplished by analyzing not only the forces applied to the wall by the sloshing of the liquid, but also the safe-shutdown earthquake condition for the tank. We propose a seismic-design process and a seismic-analysis method for liquid storage tanks based on the commercial finite element analysis program, ANSYS.
Seismic Analysis;Polar Crane;Spectrum;Sloshing;Finite Element Method
- Son, Y. H., 2000, “Seismic Analysis of National Highway Bridge Considering Korea Earthquake Character,” Kyungbuk College Collection of Dissertations, Vol. 18 No. 1.
- Cho, C. R., 2005, “Dynamic Analysis of the Reactor Safety System of the Nuclear Power Plant,” Keimyung University Mechanical Engineering Master´s Thesis.
- “ASME Code SECTION. II PART D,” 2007 Edition.
- Jeon, H. J. and Kim, E. G., 1999, “Mechanical Dynamic,” HYOSUNG.
- Chopra, A. K., 2005, “Dynamic of Structures,” PEARSON EDUCATION KOREA.
- Haroun, M. A., 1983, "Vibration Studies and Test of Liquid Storage Tanks," Earthquake Engineering and Struructural Dynamics, Vol. 11, pp. 179-206. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290110204
- Housner, G. W., 1963, "The Dynamic Behaviour of Water Tanks," Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol. 53, pp. 381-387.
- Lee, J. K., Kim, J. Y. and Chung, P. J., 2001, “Seismic Qualification of the Air Cleaning Units for Nuclear Power Plant Ulchin 5&6,” Transactions of the Korean Society of mechanical engineers, Vol. 26, No.7, pp. 1376-1383. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.7.1376
- Kim, S. J., Lee, Y. S., Ryu, C. H., Yang, K. H. and Jung, S. H., "Seismic Analysis of Rack Structure with Fluid-Structure Interaction," 2001, Transactions of the Korean Society of mechanical engineers, 2001, Nov. 01, pp. 465-470.